Photoprism shows as Running but the web page not accessible

• Hi there,

I installed Photoprism as a plugin, not through Docker, under Debian 11, but I cannot access the web pages with a "refuse to connect" as if the port was not open. NMAP effectively does not show the Photoprism port open.
    The plugin is see as running in OMV, Systemctl shows "pod-photoprism.service loaded active running Podman pod-photoprism.service", ss shows "tcp LISTEN 0 4096 0.0.0.0:2342 0.0.0.0: users:(("conmon",pid=166868,fd=5)). pstree -p show a conmom process with two sub-processes for the pid 166868, one of these subprocesses is "pause". All the other http services on this system are running fine. I am not familiar with podman, not enough to debug it and the standard Linux tools show nothing wrong. I am on a flat network, no firewall, no routing, no proxy. I even forced open the port in the Debian firewall. Any idea?

• do you reboot your NAS?, sometimes resolve the problem you describe.

Of course, I have been on this problem for about a month. Sometime I can access it for a few minutes, then it disconnects. I suspect some resource issues, like a memory leak but I found nothing obvious. I tried to restart the service, to change the port, to use different browsers... This is really specific to Photoprism<. the Filebrowser plugin is working fine, I have no trouble accessing the OMW GUI, SSH, SMB, DNLA... No error linked to Photoprism in the log.

• do you reboot your NAS?, sometimes resolve the problem you describe.

I found the issue but not sure I can fix it. My system, an Odroid HC4, have the minimum recommended RAM (4Gbs) and the swap partition is too small. When Photoprism reach the maximum of 90% of the RAM, when I am trying to index a large set of RAW image, the Kernel kill the Photoprism process. I can either increase the swap partition to the recommended 4Ggs, but on a SD card it will be probably very slow and a SD card is not supposed to handle a large number of constants write operations, or I can decrease the Photoprism parameter "PHOTOPRISM_WORKERS" (still looking in what file this parameter is on the Photoprism plug-in implementation of OMV). I am in Raid 1, so the HDD are not available for swap

• I have the same situation. Everything is OK, required services are UP, port 2342 is OPEN, but i'm not able to open the site dedicated forPhotoPrism.

Has anyone managed to solve this problem so far?

Version 7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Processor Raspberry Pi 5 Model B Rev 1.0

Kernel Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-2712

• I don't understand that answer.

If someone has prepared a ready plugin for installing PhotoPrism, it should simply work after installing it. Otherwise, this plugin should be removed from the plugin list and no one will use it.

• New
    • Official Post

I don't understand that answer.

If someone has prepared a ready plugin for installing PhotoPrism, it should simply work after installing it. Otherwise, this plugin should be removed from the plugin list and no one will use it.

The plugin is working. I always get it running when I install it. I can not reproduce the errors that some users have.

If there are problems and I can not reproduce it, then the community should provide a fix because this is how open source works. Nobody is paying me to fix your problems in my spare time.

• I don't understand that answer.

You can install via docker instead and have full control of it : https://docs.photoprism.app/getting-started/docker-compose/

https://dl.photoprism.org/docker/docker-compose.yml

there are other less complicated dockers, i use:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!