openmediavault-snapraid now supports split parity and multiple arrays

• Offizieller Beitrag

The snapraid plugin (version 6.2) that supports split parity and multiple arrays is now in the testing repo. Hopefully the way split parity is handled makes sense. The diff script will have to be updated to handle multiple arrays. This was a fairly substantial change which is why it is in the testing repo.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello, I have updated my system via the normal updates method in the WebGui. This installed openmediavault-snapraid 6.2. Now, no snapraid commands work via the web gui. For example, snapraid status does not output the status text anymore. Via the command line, snapraid still works normally. Here is a picture of my drive settings.

What can I do to fix this? How did I manage to accidentally install version 6.2 from the test repo?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Now, no snapraid commands work via the web gui. For example, snapraid status does not output the status text anymore. Via the command line, snapraid still works normally. Here is a picture of my drive settings.

What is the output of:

tail /var/log/snapraid.log

sudo omv-salt deploy run snapraid

How did I manage to accidentally install version 6.2 from the test repo?

You enabled the testing repo in omv-extras.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thanks for the hint, it was indeed the omv-extras Testing repo active. Snapraid status leads to the following output:

Wasn't the output here in the past nearly the same as when the command was run from the command line?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Snapraid status leads to the following output:

Deactivating the testing repo won't help anything and since nothing has been fixed, I don't expect snapraid status to do anything yet.

Wasn't the output here in the past nearly the same as when the command was run from the command line?

Your window is showing now output. Did you run the commands I asked for?

• Offizieller Beitrag

There was a typo in the code. 6.2.1 is in the testing repo now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for testing even though it seems you didn't really intend to : )

• Offizieller Beitrag

an someone help setup the split parity up. i have the below. the first 4 drives are 8tb, the last 2 are 4tb. have i set it up correctly

Did you read the snapraid manual on parity? https://www.snapraid.it/manual

• Yeah i did read it but did not mention how to setup inside OMV plugin. I think it is right by the looks of the GUI below and the snapraid.conf,

snapraid.conf located at etc/snapraid

# This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)

# WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.

autosave 0

# drives

#####################################################################

# OMV-Name: data1 Drive Label: disk1

disk data1 /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-264eff7c-4d4e-4dd3-8606-63e49dd53f56

# OMV-Name: data2 Drive Label: disk2

content /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-c7766c8c-e5a9-4c63-8a8a-5ac97ed9e375/snapraid.content

disk data2 /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-c7766c8c-e5a9-4c63-8a8a-5ac97ed9e375

# OMV-Name: data3 Drive Label: disk3

disk data3 /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-94ce56bf-e4e1-43d1-b702-e63c15862ab4

# OMV-Name: data4 Drive Label:

content /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e1fdcb07-f194-4ed8-a8ae-60fc1eacae17/snapraid.content

disk data4 /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e1fdcb07-f194-4ed8-a8ae-60fc1eacae17

# OMV-Name: content Drive Label:

content //snapraid.content

parity /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1bb3d5de-dd64-4424-98a7-a22acbd99f5f/snapraid.parity,/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-c01c197d-af26-4807-b2b1-931e57199db8/snapraid.parity

exclude *.unrecoverable

exclude lost+found/

exclude aquota.user

exclude aquota.group

exclude /tmp/

exclude .content

exclude *.bak

exclude /snapraid.conf*

• Just wanted clarification if this is correct for split parity.

Also when i try to run snapraid sync under cli, it is looking for the snapraid.conf at etc. but the config location for this updated plugin now resides under etc/snapraid location. I had to make a copy under etc fore the cli commands to work. Under the GUI the plugin works fine as it reads the config file correctly.

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

did not mention how to setup inside OMV plugin.

I know that but I was hoping that if people understood how split parity works in snapraid that it would make sense in the plugin.

snapraid.conf located at etc/snapraid

The snapraid config file should now have the array's uuid in the filename. If it is just snapraid.conf, it is old and not used. But that config file does look correct since the parity has more than one file listed.

Also when i try to run snapraid sync under cli, it is looking for the snapraid.conf at etc. but the config location for this updated plugin now resides under etc/snapraid location. I had to make a copy under etc fore the cli commands to work. Under the GUI the plugin works fine as it reads the config file correctly.

With the new plugin supporting multiple arrays, any snapraid command from the CLI will have to specify the array with the --conf flag and the file is in /etc/snapraid/

snapraid --conf /etc/snapraid/omv-snapraid-40e7a036-26a5-4cb0-bbc2-66d257e15dbb.conf sync

• With the new plugin supporting multiple arrays, any snapraid command from the CLI will have to specify the array with the --conf flag and the file is in /etc/snapraid/

snapraid --conf /etc/snapraid/omv-snapraid-40e7a036-26a5-4cb0-bbc2-66d257e15dbb.conf sync

I think you have mentioned this before, but it won't hurt to repeat it. The above new required command line structure will break many third party SnapRAID scripts in use, many of which are no longer maintained.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The above new required command line structure will break many third party SnapRAID scripts in use, many of which are no longer maintained.

Right. I don't have any choice if people want multiple arrays supported. I also can't test every script to make sure they still work. I don't even use snapraid to make it more difficult. It would be nice if others contributed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!