Using LetsEncrypt for SSL to access Jellyfin over internet with duckdns

• Hi,

I am a new user of open media vault, and have installed latest OMV 6 (Shaitan) on my Raspberry Pi.

I have installed Jellyfin in Portainer docker and have easily accessed my media files on local network.

Also, I have created a domain at DuckDns and I am able to access Jellyfin remotely after port forwarding.

Now I want to use HTTPS for accessing Jellyfin over internet as it would become safe, but I have no idea how to setup LetsEncrypt :(

Please guide me.

Thank you :)

• see my post # 10 in this thread. It is of course for another member and tackling additional problems, but the example setup I mention is what you need.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you set up swag and successfully get a cert with your duckdns domain?

• see my post # 10 in this thread. It is of course for another member and tackling additional problems, but the example setup I mention is what you need.

Ok, I get your point.

I am really new at this.

Please guide further for configurations in swag.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have installed swag in portainer but I am confused how to reverse proxy jellyfin.

Which config files have to be edited and what should be written in those config files..?

Please guide.

You shouldn't really have to edit anything. Again did you get a cert with swag? If you didn't then that needs to be fixed.

can you go to https://www.yoursubdomain.duckdns.org and is the page secured? (padlock by the URL)

• You shouldn't really have to edit anything. Again did you get a cert with swag? If you didn't then that needs to be fixed.

can you go to https://www.yoursubdomain.duckdns.org and is the page secured? (padlock by the URL)

I am unable to get a cert.

This is the log from swag:

• Offizieller Beitrag

ok, well you need to fix that first....

Gimme just a minute.. I'm fixing my breakfast.

If you have discord, come to the discord channel in my link and I'll talk you through it there if you like.

• Offizieller Beitrag

From the looks of your error, you do not have your port forwarding set up correctly. Did you forward ports 80 and 443 to your server?

Please post your swag docker-compose (you can remove your duckdns token and subdomain name/email if you like)

• ok, well you need to fix that first....

Gimme just a minute.. I'm fixing my breakfast.

If you have discord, come to the discord channel in my link and I'll talk you through it there if you like.

I am not on discord yet.

Take your time. :)

I have finally fixed the certificate issue in swag. The certificate is downloaded and log says server ready. :)

On accessing via domainname.duckdns.org, "Welcome to SWAG instance page" is shown.

Now how to redirect it to jellyfin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, so if you have a cert.. it's easy.

in the command line, go to your swag folder, and then go to nginx/proxy-confs.

If you search that folder ( do an ls if you're using command line)... you'll see this file

jellyfin.subdomain.conf.sample So just make a copy of it and drop the sample extension...

cp jellyfin.subdomain.conf.sample jellyfin.subdomain.conf

• I have done as you told.

Still its showing SWAG instance only.

Its not redirecting to Jellyfin. :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Restarted Swag twice.

Yes, I am using Portainer.

Click on Networks in Portainer.. and see the network name for your swag container (it's probably swag_default)

Now click your jellyfin container, click Duplicate/Edit at the top, then click the Networks tab, then in the drop down where it probably says jellyfin default.... change that to swag_default (or whatever swags network is)...

redeploy jellyfin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!