Problems with omv-upgrade

• Hi!!!

Recently I have a upgrade in web page bug after run install upgrade fail ... I go to ssh and run omv-upgrade but too fail:

• votdev

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Hi votdev!!!

I dont install jinja2 manually and not use pip. I only install JellyFin but use apt. what is the version I need in OVM for try to install.?

Maybe JellyFin is causing the problem. If you install additional software, please use containers to do not pollute the OS with things that out of control of OMV. OMV is strictly based on Debian 11, no backport packages are allowed because packages from there might change the API of the used software.

• I understand what you're saying. But JellyFin has no python dependencies, nor jinja2, I think the problem is actually related to the system upgrade. In fact, it doesn't let you uninstall or install anything.

after remove JellyFin adn dependencies: (Same error) ¿What is the version I need for Jinja2?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep python

apt-cache policy python3-markupsafe python3-jinja2

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Get:14 https://repo.jellyfin.org/debian bullseye InRelease [6639 B]

after remove JellyFin adn dependencies: (Same error)

You removed jellyfin but you left the repo.
    Might not solve it but if it's to uninstall, all mentions to it should also be removed, ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Result of commands = https://justpaste.it/clxsp (Its too long for publish in forum)

Is it possible for you to put it in a file and attach it to a post? There are no linefeeds in your link and that is a nightmare to look at.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

this package not found python3-jinja2

It is in the output list though. apt-cache policy python3-jinja2 should show something.

aaron@omv6dev:~$ apt-cache policy python3-jinja2

python3-jinja2:

Installed: 2.11.3-1

Candidate: 2.11.3-1

Version table:

3.0.3-1~bpo11+1 100

100 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports/main amd64 Packages

*** 2.11.3-1 500

500 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages

100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

• Offizieller Beitrag

Excuse me, but I don't understand the answer or how to continue to solve the problem

I wanted to see the output of the command in post #12

• The problem seems to be the path where Python looks for the package. On my systems Jinja2 is located at /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/jinja2/__init__.py whereas the error message says it tries to load it at /usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/jinja2/__init__.py. /usr/lib/python3 !== /usr/local/lib/python3.9.

I assume you have the latest version released, correct?

• One repository not cause problems on software installed. If this is a cause is new for me ... But thanks for your reply

Maybe you're right. I'm not that versed in Linux.

But let me explain it as I understand it:

You have the repos for Debian that point to specific versions of packages and dependencies.

You add a "independent" repo in order to be able to install other apts that rely on other specific dependencies.
    Both require the same apt but with different versions.

You run apt to upgrade versions and then dependencies clash, or NOT.

This is how I see it and why I try to keep the OS as vanilla as I can.
    What need to be run, then docker or podman are there.

This is a really layman view of this issue so, take it with a pinch of salt.
    Hope you fix this, ;)

• I wanted to see the output of the command in post #12

Im sorry!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What about: sudo find /usr/ -type d -name "*jinja*"

• Soma

Zitat

You have the repos for Debian that point to specific versions of packages and dependencies.

You add a "independent" repo in order to be able to install other apts that rely on other specific dependencies.

Both require the same apt but with different versions.

First sorry my English, no is very fine :(

But you have a error of think. One repo contain software and software have dependencies. But have some odd...

.- The repo contain software with no dependencies (Not normal)

.- The repo contain software but de dependencies no affect (Really normal)

.- The repo contain software but break dependencies of system (This is rare but it can happen) in this case apt, zypper and others create alert in the shell

In this case JellyFin dont contain any library for break OMV. (You can check de build info from here https://repo.jellyfin.org/rele…ons/stable/server/10.8.8/)

I understand that it is best to use docker, and I have used it in other versions of OMV, but I don't like the manager that is included in the plugins too much. I liked the version 4 or 5 I think it was.

Zitat

Maybe you're right. I'm not that versed in Linux.

No worry in this world (GNU/Linux) never stop learning :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!