borg backup via ssh

• there is no folder named Backup-Bo-OMV_NOVA

but i get:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export BORG_PASSPHRASE='H3rrm@nns3n'; export BORG_UNKNOWN_UNENCRYPTED_REPO_ACCESS_IS_OK=yes; /usr/bin/borg init --encryption=keyfile 'Malcolm@100.121.165.103/srv/mergerfs/Data/Malcolmbackup/' 2>&1' with exit code '2': A repository already exists at /Malcolm@100.121.165.103.

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export BORG_PASSPHRASE='H3rrm@nns3n'; export BORG_UNKNOWN_UNENCRYPTED_REPO_ACCESS_IS_OK=yes; /usr/bin/borg init --encryption=keyfile 'Malcolm@100.121.165.103/srv/mergerfs/Data/Malcolmbackup/' 2>&1' with exit code '2': A repository already exists at /Malcolm@100.121.165.103. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:217

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/borgbackup.inc(184): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 2)

#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceBorgBackup->setRepo(Array, Array)

#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setRepo', Array, Array)

#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('BorgBackup', 'setRepo', Array, Array, 1)

#5 {main}

• spoke to fast

that is now the correct path

and i check that there is no folder inside the one i want to use (/srv/mergerfs/Data/homedir/Malcolm/Borgbackup) i want the repro's to be inside there as my friend in the UK has 2 machines and we use different repro name for each machine

as you can see total empty, there should be 2 repro, Backup-Bo-OMV_NOVA and later Backup-Bo-OMV_NAP

• if you use the path with the dot, it will start in the user home directory, but you're trying to use the MergerFS storage, so use the full path.

Can you please confirm you can:

- login from server to destination without password - I think this is ok

- navigate to the path you want to use as a backup - to verify permissions

If you can navigate to the path, then adjust the configuration of Remote Path and add the folder that does not exist:

/srv/mergerfs/Data/Malcolmbackup/Borgbackup/Backup-Bo-OMV_NOVA

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), 2x16TB HDDs w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• $ borg info 'Malcolm@100.121.165.103/./check'

Repository /srv/mergerfs/Pool1/Public-Test-2/malcolm/Malcolm@100.121.165.103/check does not exist.

$

i do this command from the omv that will send the backup to my omv (100.121.165.103

strange enough it says that there is no repro on the machine that i run the command on (sender omv)

• with : after hostname

Malcolm@100.121.165.103:/srv/mergerfs/Data/Malcolmbackup/Borgbackup/Backup-Bo-OMV_NOVA

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export BORG_PASSPHRASE='H3rrm@nns3n'; export BORG_UNKNOWN_UNENCRYPTED_REPO_ACCESS_IS_OK=yes; /usr/bin/borg init --encryption=keyfile 'Malcolm@100.121.165.103:/srv/mergerfs/Data/Malcolmbackup/Borgbackup/Backup-Bo-OMV_NOVA' 2>&1' with exit code '2': Remote: Permission denied, please try again.

Remote: Permission denied, please try again.

Remote: Malcolm@100.121.165.103: Permission denied (publickey,password).

Connection closed by remote host. Is borg working on the server?

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export BORG_PASSPHRASE='H3rrm@nns3n'; export BORG_UNKNOWN_UNENCRYPTED_REPO_ACCESS_IS_OK=yes; /usr/bin/borg init --encryption=keyfile 'Malcolm@100.121.165.103:/srv/mergerfs/Data/Malcolmbackup/Borgbackup/Backup-Bo-OMV_NOVA' 2>&1' with exit code '2': Remote: Permission denied, please try again.

Remote: Permission denied, please try again.

Remote: Malcolm@100.121.165.103: Permission denied (publickey,password).

Connection closed by remote host. Is borg working on the server? in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:217

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/borgbackup.inc(184): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 2)

#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setRepo', Array, Array)

#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('BorgBackup', 'setRepo', Array, Array, 1)

#5 {main}

• without

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export BORG_PASSPHRASE='H3rrm@nns3n'; export BORG_UNKNOWN_UNENCRYPTED_REPO_ACCESS_IS_OK=yes; /usr/bin/borg init --encryption=keyfile 'Malcolm@100.121.165.103/srv/mergerfs/Data/Malcolmbackup/Borgbackup/Backup-Bo-OMV_NOVA' 2>&1' with exit code '2': A repository already exists at /Malcolm@100.121.165.103.

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export BORG_PASSPHRASE='H3rrm@nns3n'; export BORG_UNKNOWN_UNENCRYPTED_REPO_ACCESS_IS_OK=yes; /usr/bin/borg init --encryption=keyfile 'Malcolm@100.121.165.103/srv/mergerfs/Data/Malcolmbackup/Borgbackup/Backup-Bo-OMV_NOVA' 2>&1' with exit code '2': A repository already exists at /Malcolm@100.121.165.103. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:217

Stack trace:

#5 {main}

• With the same user , browse to the destination again.

Are you able to create a folder by entering

mkdir TEST

?

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), 2x16TB HDDs w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

• just to sum up what machines i have to get working

bo-omv (192.168.0.163 vpn ip 100.121.165.103)
    omvnovatech (malcolm.emoncms.net vpn ip 100.115.138.73)

bo-omv is the receiver-target-server

as you can see the borgbackup folder is only found in 1 place here

and not at all on novatech the sender

• Congratulations we have found the problem.

If you don't have the rights to write in the directory, it will never work :)

• $ ls -l

totalt 12

drwxr-sr-x 2 Malcolm users 4096 20 dec 12:36 Borgbackup

drwx-ws--x+ 4 Malcolm users 4096 6 nov 17:32 sd_card_images

$

so i try again with

Malcolm@100.121.165.103/srv/mergerfs/Data/Malcolmbackup/Borgbackup/Backup-Bo-OMV_NOVA

guess the error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export BORG_PASSPHRASE='H3rrm@nns3n'; export BORG_UNKNOWN_UNENCRYPTED_REPO_ACCESS_IS_OK=yes; /usr/bin/borg init --encryption=keyfile 'Malcolm@100.121.165.103/srv/mergerfs/Data/Malcolmbackup/Borgbackup/Backup-Bo-OMV_NOVA' 2>&1' with exit code '2': A repository already exists at /Malcolm@100.121.165.103.

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export BORG_PASSPHRASE='H3rrm@nns3n'; export BORG_UNKNOWN_UNENCRYPTED_REPO_ACCESS_IS_OK=yes; /usr/bin/borg init --encryption=keyfile 'Malcolm@100.121.165.103/srv/mergerfs/Data/Malcolmbackup/Borgbackup/Backup-Bo-OMV_NOVA' 2>&1' with exit code '2': A repository already exists at /Malcolm@100.121.165.103. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:217

Stack trace:

#5 {main}

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!