• I wonder what Storaxa config and addons people choose to run OMV with a handful of dockers and a couple of VMs?

I am mostly on a fence between AMD and Intel options. Initially I wanted AMD because of ECC support, mostly because my current Microserver uses ECC memory and never let me down. However, ECC may be an overkill for home use and Intel with heterogeneous cores and QS is a better choice.

Also, is SSD caching a thing with OMV? I never fell a need for it, but maybe I missing a lot..

• A "not so good" update on this one.

It seems that the project is becoming nothing more than a well ellaborated SCAM.

For those that took the plunge and pledged on this, the creator(s) have been on "Radio Silence" since the last update on December 7 where they "promised" constant weekly updates and with deliveries starting on the 2nd week of January.

Fully Customizable Home Cloud Storage with Remote Access NAS by Storaxa — Kickstarter

Neither happened.

So, time to accept that the money went down the drain and seek a similar board that, for me, was the only thing that I really wanted.

Although, several i3-N305 offer's are already existing on alienexpress, they don't match the board I pledged:
    A i5-1235U with 64Gb DDR5 RAM

Like I said prior, it's only money and that sour feeling of being ripped off.

And if, by any miracle, this in fact, go through, I and other almost 6000 backers, I'll have my jaw dropped on the floor.

In all, my first contact with Kickstarter gave me no will to go back again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, seems like Kickstarter AND Stripe have failed miserably on doing the slightest control of this project.

Here an open letter from Robert Andrews from NAS COMPARES

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/storaxa/fully-customizable-home-cloud-storage-with-remote-access-nas/comments

Another interesting, but rather long read:

The Storaxa Kickstarter NAS - 12 Months Later
    Storaxa NAS - What Has Happened in the First 12 Months? The Storaxa NAS Kickstarter campaign, initiated by Arrowtrack in 2023, marked its first year as a…
    nascompares.com

• Just a last post on this matter, in case any of you also got burned by this Project.

I managed to get my money back after creating a dispute with my bank.

The bank is Wizink Portugal.

The 1st time I contacted the bank by phone, they said that it was too far off to get the money.

Not happy with that outcome, I gathered every bit of info I could regarding the constant postponed dates for delivery.

[EDIT]Can't attach them here since it's ~3MB each.

If someone wants them, let me know and we'll figure something out.

Or, if you are a backer, just make a PDF of each of these Storaxa Project Updates:

Update #23

Update #27

Update #33

[/EDIT]

Created the dispute on the 27/02/2024 with the values paid on a specific form that the bank has available and attached an old email with contact attempt with the creators to sort things out.

Today, I went to my online bank and the money has been refunded.

Awkward is that I didn't get any notification or email but the value is there.

So, if someone is considering that ALL is lost, try it this way.

Files used were:

Printscreens (in PDF) of the several updates that postponed the delivery date.

Date and value of both Kickstarter and Pledgebox payment and correspondent bank extract and emails received.

Wizink Dispute Online Form (specific to my bank but maybe similar in other's)

All in all, I learned my lesson with this type of platforms:

If it's too good to be true, maybe it is... a SCAM

• Wow,, almost 2 million raised as of December of last year.

$2M was just for the Pledgebox Addons.

The Kickstarter campaign, render another $1.8M

You can understand why backers where concerned with the lack of constant information and updates.

I didn't went with too much ($482 only for the CPU/RAM upgrade) but some backer's spent $1000-$2000 in addons (HDDs, SSDs and NVMe).

In the end, I got lucky but some other's are having a hard time trying to get back what they paid.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!