Plex Docker not working after OMV5-6 Upgrade

• Hi.

After upgrading today from OMV5 to OMV6 my Plex-Container has stopped working. If I try to start it I'm getting the following error and I can't access Plex through the web interface on port 32400, neither can I access my server through the web anymore ("The server "openmediavault" is unreachable.").

I'm using the linuxserver/plex:amd64-latest Image for my Server:

I did create the original Plex container through the Portainer GUI back then but I've tried deploying another Plex-Container (different images too) through a docker compose which looks like this:

I'm getting loads of crash dumps in \\OPENMEDIAVAULT\appdata\plex_test\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Crash Reports\1.31.0.6654-02189b09f\PLEX MEDIA SERVER when the container is "running" but I don't really know what to do with them. Since I can't upload the *.dmp files in here I've put one of them in my google-drive if anybody else can make sense of those. This one is of a fresh container which I deployed with the above docker compose through Portainer. I couldn't grab the *.dmp from the original plex container since they were always getting created and deleted within seconds.

Google Drive: Sign-in

If I open that in notepad some of the font seems to be unreadable, and I'm not sure if it helps.

Does anybody know what I can try to get Plex running again? I'm at a loss.

Thanks!

• Update:

I have now gone back to a 6-month old docker image which is working without errors.

Still strange, I was on the latest docker version of linuxserver/plex before upgrading to OMV6 and everything was working fine then.

For now I'll probably stay downgraded. If anybody has any idea how this got borked up, I'd still be interested in ideas. Don't really want to stay on an old Plex server version forever.

• There is a nearly three week old thread about this, and the published fix for the problem is here:

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I already read that but how is that fix related to my problem? Docker and Portainer were running fine, I didn't have problems installing those.

The only container which isn't working is my Plex-container and I'm not getting any indications in the sparse error message that it's due to Apparmor.

• Have you looked at the log file for the container?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Update:

I have now gone back to a 6-month old docker image which is working without errors.

Still strange, I was on the latest docker version of linuxserver/plex before upgrading to OMV6 and everything was working fine then.

For now I'll probably stay downgraded. If anybody has any idea how this got borked up, I'd still be interested in ideas. Don't really want to stay on an old Plex server version forever.

Hi, I'm having the same issue, I've reinstalled OMV 6 a number of times, erased the drive containing my AppData share (thinking old Plex info/data could be the issue), problem still exists, where do I find old docker images and how to install them? Thanks, Gary

• where do I find old docker images and how to install them? Thanks, Gary

Find them here https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/tags

To install, specify the tag after the colon in your image statement.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!