unable to use services or successfully create firewall rules

• Hi,

i am running an ArgonEON with a Raspi 4B 8GB, with 3 3TB 2.5" HDDs in ZFS RaidZ-1 and an SSD as cache - which may be a bit overkill - but the system was simply built from the parts i had laying around - so.. in my oppinion thats just fine.

The performance is decent, but not incredible or somewhat overwhelming. Like 100 MiB/s sequential write speed. But never more than that. Given the fact that i am using a Raspi 4b thats fine as well - and better than everything i managed to get out of my raspis so far.

My Problem: i try to use Photoprism or other addons like the file browser, but i am unable to reach their web interfaces after activating them. I always get a "not reachable".

So i had a look at the firewall. FYI: PhotoPrism is using Port 2342 for its UI.

I just attached a copy of my OMV firewall settings, but they dont seem to have any effect at all. I feel like i am missing something but i am just to dumb to see/find it... :-/

Can somebody give me a hint. please :) ?

[EDIT] I forgot to mention that i checked syslog and messages but the only lines related to photoprism are such which state that everything regarding photoprism is just working fine. [/EDIT]

• akrael

Hat den Titel des Themas von „unable to use services / successfully create firewall rules“ zu „unable to use services or successfully create firewall rules“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

which may be a bit overkill

Yes, I would say it is. Especially doing a Raid with a raspberry. I'm afraid to ask how you did it so I won't ask. :)

Like 100 MiB/s sequential write speed

Probably the maximum that your ethernet network provides.

So i had a look at the firewall

Why do you need to configure a firewall? Don't have a firewall on your router?

• Good Morning, and thanks for the reply :)

Why do you need to configure a firewall? Don't have a firewall on your router?

Well - i dont need one in the first place. My router firewall is doing just fine. But since both service (Photoprism and the File Browser) are not reachable my first thought was a firewall issue. I found it strange that the docker and portainer UIs can be reached without issues, but i simply thought that they do bypass the fw automatically e.g. by adding corresponding rules.

I assume your question implies that you expect the issue to be found somewhere else?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well - i dont need one in the first place. My router firewall is doing just fine. But since both service (Photoprism and the File Browser) are not reachable my first thought was a firewall issue. I found it strange that the docker and portainer UIs can be reached without issues, but i simply thought that they do bypass the fw automatically e.g. by adding corresponding rules.

These plugins caused problems at first. I doubt it's the same but it could be...

Delete the settings you made in the firewall and reboot. Try accessing the plugins again. If you still don't have access, uninstall and reinstall them.

Here you have the explanation.

• Understood. I will try that now. Thanks a bunch :)

[EDIT] Well... even though i dont understand how/why: this solved the problem. Thanks!! [/EDIT]

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von akrael () aus folgendem Grund: Solved by chente

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!