edit symlinks

• i figured that after changing the name of the directory where the symlink points in the source path, I can't give the same destination name. After changing the destination name it worked. Why do i have to give a new name?

If I keep the destination name the symlink tries to look in the directory with the previous destination name even I edited the symlink in Webui and chose the source path to the renamed directory. Same via command

OMV 6 on ASRock J4125B ITX w/2X8 GB G-Skill|32 GB Sandisk USB|50 TB HDD Space|Be quiet! Pure Power 400W

Fractal Define R5 Titanium

• Offizieller Beitrag

i figured that after changing the name of the directory where the symlink points in the source path, I can't give the same destination name. After changing the destination name it worked. Why do i have to give a new name?

If I keep the destination name the symlink tries to look in the directory with the previous destination name even I edited the symlink in Webui and chose the source path to the renamed directory. Same via command

The simple answer is, don't edit the link. Delete it and ten recreate it with the old name.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!