OMV Syslog wrong time and date

• I was surprised to see completely wring time-dates in OMV syslog.

Is this not the same syslog as seen on CLI?

I also have 4900 pages of syslog in OMV. Is that normal?

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

OMV5 on ProLiant N54L (AMD CPU)

• The UI is using the time zone of the browser. The syslog time is converted to UNIX timestamp which is converted to the locale time of the browser.

It shows entries starting in Feb 2023 and going to September -2023 -> cannot be right. Some bugs in the conversion...

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• Offizieller Beitrag

It shows entries starting in Feb 2023 and going to September -2023 -> cannot be right. Some bugs in the conversion...

I don't think so, otherwise there must be a bug in PHP, moment.js or the browser. Also, the code exists partly since 2009, so if there would be a bug, it is hard to imagine that nobody has exerienced that issue before.

I can not reproduce the problem here.

What is the output of date in CLI? And what is the output of journalctl -n 20. How does it differ to the UI? A screenshot and the CLI output would help to get an overview here.

• Note: the server is in a different timezone than myself.

The CLI is fine. Date in CLI: Sat Mar 25 02:45:19 GMT 2023

both journalctl -n 20 and "more syslog" show correct dates.

Its just on OMV GUI that the error exists. Even when I download syslog directly from the GUI, the file entries and dates are correct. Its is def an issue with GUI display inside OMV.

CLI syslog

Code
    Mar 25 02:45:16 rpi42 systemd[339071]: Listening on GnuPG cryptographic agent (ssh-agent emulation).
    Mar 25 02:45:16 rpi42 systemd[339071]: Listening on GnuPG cryptographic agent and passphrase cache.
    Mar 25 02:45:16 rpi42 systemd[339071]: Listening on Podman API Socket.
    Mar 25 02:45:16 rpi42 systemd[339071]: Reached target Sockets.
    Mar 25 02:45:16 rpi42 systemd[339071]: Reached target Basic System.
    Mar 25 02:45:16 rpi42 systemd[339071]: Reached target Main User Target.
    Mar 25 02:45:16 rpi42 systemd[1]: Started User Manager for UID 0.
    Mar 25 02:45:16 rpi42 systemd[339071]: Startup finished in 587ms.
    Mar 25 02:45:16 rpi42 systemd[1]: Started Session 858 of user root.

OMV GUI

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• I did some digging and found that OMV GUI Syslog shows the same data as CLI plus in addition it has about 1000 lines with incorrect date added at the top end.

Any ideas how this can be fixed.

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• I'm facing the same issue, did you manage to solve it MarcS ? sudo tail /var/log/syslog shows the right time, date as well but OMV workbench doesn't. NTP enabled, right timezone set as well. Thought it might be because of a privacy addon in my browser but disabled them and I'm still getting the wrong time.

• Any luck MarcS or VaryingLegwarmer?

I have the same here on two separate installs.

On my OMV6 install, I've found that the Boot.log and Rsync - Jobs logs report the correct time, but all others are reporting a couple months in the future.

On my freshly installed OMV7, only Boot & Kernel logs appear to be wrong, and they are a few months in the past.

Definitely some weirdness going on.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!