Solved: Immich error 500

• Hi. (I speek english poor, sorry)
    I have an OMV server, it has been working for about 1 year.
    After installing Immich I get error 500.

Can somebody help me?

• Offizieller Beitrag

according to the instructions on github (the same here)

My .env <- sample.env from github, change only UploadLocation.
    docker-compose.yml also the sample from github.

So that someone can help you you should publish your stack. Skip sensitive data. Use a code box (button </> in the top menu of the forum).

• So that someone can help you you should publish your stack. Skip sensitive data. Use a code box (button </> in the top menu of the forum).

what is a stack? Compose file? Here is .env,

And yml:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't use this but the error suggests that you have not set/created an upload location with a directory with it's full path to replace the $(upload location) within the .yml file.

Also the guide on here uses portianer to deploy immich rather than deployment via cli

Chipwingg the immich guide needs updating one of the links no longer works (the .env github link) and there appears to be a change in the immich docs in respect of portainer

• I did this: https://immich.app/docs/install/portainer

Chipwingg wrote the same here:

"...

Copy all of the text. I am not going to include it here just in case it gets updated.

In portainer, create a new stack. Paste the yml into the editor, but do not edit anything in it.

"

the 500 error is the authorization issue, as far as I know... But I don't know where to set it... PUID=1000 (this is I'm) and PGID=100 (this is user group) - the other programs work fine (pl. Piwigo, Jellyfin - but I do not like :( )

• Offizieller Beitrag

Paste the yml into the editor, but do not edit anything in it.

This is a mistake. At the very least you should edit your volumes, and I'm sure there are more things you should edit in such a long yml, I haven't read it, but it's very long.

Maybe this will help you. [How to] Docker in OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did try on github, the omv is unknown to them.

OMV is not the issue, being unknown to them is irrelevant, omv is based on debian, your error appears to be related to typesense as per the log you posted

The thing is a 500 error is very general and can be difficult to pin down, looking at github there have been references to a 500 error which for those appeared to be related a search within the GUI of immich

• Yes! I have answer:

Your CPU doesn't support some instructions that are required by typesense. You can comment it out from the docker-compose.yml and set TYPESENSE_ENABLED=false to disable it.

I pull the line in the ".env" file.

• Majika

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Immich error 500“ zu „Solved: Immich error 500“ geändert.
  • geaves

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • geaves

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • I don't use this but the error suggests that you have not set/created an upload location with a directory with it's full path to replace the $(upload location) within the .yml file.

Also the guide on here uses portianer to deploy immich rather than deployment via cli

Chipwingg the immich guide needs updating one of the links no longer works (the .env github link) and there appears to be a change in the immich docs in respect of portainer

I will update it. Immich does have good docs for installing in portainer now, I think I will delete the first part and direct people to immich, and keep the reverse proxy section.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just added an immich example to the compose plugin. It uses the docker-compose file and env example from their repo. Just need to change settings in the environment section.

omv 7.4.2-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron , if I understand correctly you maintain the OMV docker compose plugin? May I suggest you update the example compose files for Immich to make installation easier for other users?

I just finished setting up Immich, but ran into some issues (Immich wouldn't start / keep crashing). After debugging and reading up on the Immich documentation I found it was due to the example file no longer being up to date with recent versions of Immich.

You can find the latest compose file to base your example on here: https://github.com/immich-app/…wnload/docker-compose.yml

Main differences are:

• The immich-web and immich-proxy parts must be removed
    • some configuration-options of the other parts have changed, most notably the image for immich_postgres (app won't run if this is still pointing to the earlier used image)

Next to those necessary changes, I think it would be useful to include a commented example of how to load an external library under volumes too as most users are likely to want to use Immich with an existing photo library / backup on their system. For instance I use - ${EXTERNAL_PATH}:/usr/src/app/external in the server and microservices section with ${EXTERNAL_PATH} pointing to a folder on my system in the environment file.

• Offizieller Beitrag

f I understand correctly you maintain the OMV docker compose plugin? May I suggest you update the example compose files for Immich to make installation easier for other users?

I do maintain the plugin but not every compose file. Immich might actually be a compose example that shouldn't be an example if it is changes this often. I don't use Immich and don't know the best practices. Since the plugin has the "Add from URL" option, that would be just as easy to use.

omv 7.4.2-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!