Error after some changes in the system

• Hi there, I have some problems after I have changed the zfs pool in my omv installation. I did not replicate all the shares and as far as I understand some are even referenced by UUID so I have a feeling that I did not done my homework properly :( please help

This is the output of the error message:

error.txt

many thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess the most appropriate procedure would be the following:

- Edit the shared folders and redirect them to another folder/disk.

- Unmount the missing filesystems (I assume there will be some)

- Remount/import the pool (with its new UUIDs)

- Redirect shared folders back to where you want them to be.

• i have deleted the shared folders and uninstalled the plugins that were using them (backup and usb-backup). Nevertheless the system shows me that there are not applied changes and when I try to apply them I get the same error...

• Offizieller Beitrag

i have deleted the shared folders and uninstalled the plugins that were using them (backup and usb-backup). Nevertheless the system shows me that there are not applied changes and when I try to apply them I get the same error...

There was no need to delete the folders or uninstall the plugins.

The initial error was making a referenced file system disappear. Everything else worked fine.

You have to unmount the missing file system and the error will be gone.

• huh... the error persists after a restart of the server... so I think something is somewhere cached or saved in the db and openmediavault tries to apply it again...

the fstab does not contain the UUIDs from the error message and I do not know where to look forward...

• Offizieller Beitrag

huh... the error persists after a restart of the server... so I think something is somewhere cached or saved in the db and openmediavault tries to apply it again...

the fstab does not contain the UUIDs from the error message and I do not know where to look forward...

omv-showkey mntent

It will show you the file systems that the database has stored.

The normal solution is the procedure that I have explained to you before. Make nothing point to those file systems on the system. Then unmount that file system. It then redirects the shared folders to the existing file systems.

There is another solution which is to manually edit the database and run salt configure commands afterwards, but you shouldn't get to that.

Just make sure nothing is pointing to those filesystems, that they're not referenced. The openmediavault-resetperms plugin can help you with that. It has a tab that lists existing references.

• funny story: reset params was blocking the folder, resetparams solved the problem :D

this was a folder on the old zfs pool. After removing it from resetparams, I could remove it from the shared folders and add the new share.

Many thanks chente!

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • chente

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!