omv-extras docker not installed / cannot remove

• Hi,

I have omv6 installed and had docker and portainer installed so I could run Plex on it.

Was all working perfectly for months but suddenly today Plex messed up and could not access the library at all.

I tried to remove Docker / Portainer so I could try to do a 'clean' install but instead I have ended up with a messed up system. I have unchecked 'Enable' for both Docker and Portainer but when I try to apply the changes it fails (error below). When I try to 'undo/discard' changes it also fails.

If I look at Docker - it shows the Enable unchecked but then also says Status: Not Installed

Version: n/a

It 'seems' that the system has removed it, but within the GUI it doesn't seem to realize this fully so I'm now trapped in limbo and cannot remove it and cannot install it.

Appreciate any help of how I can clean this up and remove the installed Docker fully (with no left over data/config) along with Portainer and then do a 'clean' install.

Please help :)

• Ugh - now got even more problems. Because I'm stuck unable to apply these changes or undo them, I am unable to make any other changes in the system either as it wont let me apply anything so I am completely stuck :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you don't have any data you want to keep you can try deleting the folder where docker is installed. In your case it seems that it is the default folder /var/lib/docker. Then try to reinstall docker.

• Turned out ALL my problems, including the initial problems "claiming" Plex were caused by OMV losing my dns server entries so being unable to access any website by name. I had to manually enter the DNS entries and suddenly, one by one, everything started slowly working again (with a bit of nudging)

• Offizieller Beitrag

were caused by OMV losing my dns server entries

That is not possible without any other action. Something else has caused it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Uninstall omv-extras since you are using the testing repo.

Reinstall omv-extras using the script.

Do NOT enable the testing repo unless it is recommended by me. It will be removed in a future version.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!