omv-extras 6.3 / openmediavault-compose 6.7

• What is the Updates button? I will look to see if I could add something to show there are updates. I don't want to slow the container tab down though.

Since it is implemented in YACHT. You can update containers from the program interface.

7.0-22 (Sandworm)| Kernel 6.1.0-17 ... running on

Supermicro A1SRi -- Intel® Atom processor C2758 8x 2,40 GHz -- 32 GB DDR3 RAM -- OMV installed to NE-512

• Offizieller Beitrag

How wud I add Containers to this?

Create a compose file for them.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since it is implemented in YACHT. You can update containers from the program interface.

If you select a compose file in Files and click Pull, it will download new images if available for every image in the compose. Then you click Up and it will recreate any container that has a new image. This is all functionality built-in to docker-compose.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• If you select a compose file in Files and click Pull, it will download new images if available for every image in the compose. Then you click Up and it will recreate any container that has a new image. This is all functionality built-in to docker-compose.

It's clear. But it is convenient to have a common button for all containers and an icon that would indicate that the container has updates. Inconvenient to go into each container and check for updates

Supermicro A1SRi -- Intel® Atom processor C2758 8x 2,40 GHz -- 32 GB DDR3 RAM -- OMV installed to NE-512

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will do and can I just create one big Stack for the whole lot?

I wouldn't. If the containers aren't related, I would create a compose for each.

• I wouldn't. If the containers aren't related, I would create a compose for each.

Ok cool will read up on how to make a compose file for them. So wud u suggest creating a Stack for every Container I have? But I sud use the Stacks to do this and deploy so that I can add to OMV right?

• As you wish. Can be done in 1 compose file.
    It can be divided into meanings.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So wud u suggest creating a Stack for every Container I have?

Yes. stack is the portainer name for compose file.

But I sud use the Stacks to do this and deploy so that I can add to OMV right?

Up to you. The idea of the compose plugin is not need portainer though.

• Yes. stack is the portainer name for compose file.

Up to you. The idea of the compose plugin is not need portainer though.

Im trying to find the easiest way to make Compose files from my single Containers that are running but cant work this out - A little advanced for me and dont want to muck up what I have running. Is there a simple program or way to take the information in the Container and put it into a Stack/Editor Compose file

• Offizieller Beitrag

Im trying to find the easiest way to make Compose files from my single Containers that are running but cant work this out - A little advanced for me and dont want to muck up what I have running. Is there a simple program or way to take the information in the Container and put it into a Stack/Editor Compose file

You can try it with Autocompose.

omv6:omv6_plugins:docker_compose [omv-extras.org]

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a simple program or way to take the information in the Container and put it into a Stack/Editor Compose file

Not that I know of. Did you look to see if there is already an Example in the Files tab that is for the image you want to convert? If not, you could start with one of the examples and modify it for the image you want to convert.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I move the portainer itself with ports, mapped direcotry etc.?

If all of your stacks/containers are in the plugin, you shouldn't need or really even use portainer.

• In my Files tab there is nothing. Im first trying to move across jc21/nginx-proxy-manager:latest version. As that runs my reverse proxy stuff

Crate new:

• Crate new:

Thank you for that - Does the Container name need to be the same as I have it in Portainer for it to work on OMV? Also what is the additional ports:21:21 FTP - I dont have this so can I remove?

• If all of your stacks/containers are in the plugin, you shouldn't need or really even use portainer.

I know but some debugging things seem to be easier in portainer, like jumping into the console for a container or viewing logs with live updates.

Anyway I followed the instructions in the Docu, and seems like everything works. Just had to adjust the port, I think that was the only thing that could have been adjusted in the old OMV GUI.

Not sure why the post with the link to the Docu dissapeared :/

• Thank you for that - Does the Container name need to be the same as I have it in Portainer for it to work on OMV? Also what is the additional ports:21:21 FTP - I dont have this so can I remove?

The name may be the same. You need to stop the container at Portainer
    ports:21:21 FTP - I dont have this so can I remove? Commented out. Can be deleted

• The name may be the same. You need to stop the container at Portainer
    ports:21:21 FTP - I dont have this so can I remove? Commented out. Can be deleted

Cool - so stop the container/stack in Portainer - then create in OMV.

Names have to be the same

Then do Portainer last

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!