OMV not upgrading to latest via CLI ('5 not upgraded')

• Hi,

I'm using the CLI trying to update OMV to the latest version.

Code
    root@omv:/usr/sbin# apt list --upgradeable 

Listing... Done 
    openmediavault-diskstats/shaitan,shaitan 6.0.3-1 all [upgradable from: 6.0.1-1] 
    openmediavault-filebrowser/shaitan,shaitan 6.0.4-1 all [upgradable from: 6.0.3-1] 
    openmediavault-owntone/shaitan,shaitan 6.0.6-1 all [upgradable from: 6.0.4-1] 
    openmediavault-usbbackup/shaitan,shaitan 6.0.3-1 all [upgradable from: 6.0.1-1] 
    openmediavault/shaitan,shaitan 6.4.9-1 all [upgradable from: 6.0.42-2] 

When I try to run the upgrade though it does not upgrade them:

Found and tried this on another post also and it did nothing:

Code
    wget http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/o/openmediavault-keyring/openmediavault-keyring_1.0.2-2_all.deb
    sudo dpkg -i openmediavault-keyring_1.0.2-2_all.deb
    sudo apt-get update

Have also tried 'apt dist-upgrade' with no luck:

Code
    root@omv:/usr/sbin# apt dist-upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done 
    Building dependency tree... Done 
    Reading state information... Done 
    Calculating upgrade... Done 
    The following packages have been kept back: 
    openmediavault openmediavault-diskstats openmediavault-filebrowser openmediavault-owntone openmediavault-usbbackup 
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded. 
  • I dont have omv-aptclean

• Offizieller Beitrag

ok, that's because you don't have omv-extras installed. I guess you don't need it.

And the output of the second command?

• Also,

Trying to get omvextras working with no luck

• Output of the second command:

• I just saw that thread. RE: DNS not resolving on OMV 6.0.42-2 after setting interface DNS

When you solve that problem you will also have solved this other thread.

I have temporarily overridden the /etc/resolv.conf file and put Google name servers into it.

It's the only way I could get the NAS to function at all or even run any of the apt commands.

Currently DNS is working (as a result of that file having name servers set in it)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Trying to get omvextras working with no luck

omv-extras is installed with a script

I have temporarily overridden the /etc/resolv.conf file and put Google name servers into it.

That solution can work temporarily but you should fix the OMV configuration or you will have other problems.

• It wont install it as the OMV version is too old (hence what prompted me to try to upgrade it).

Here's the quote from the logs:

• Offizieller Beitrag

You must solve the DNS problem of the other thread. Follow votdev's prompts. RE: DNS not resolving on OMV 6.0.42-2 after setting interface DNS

Once the systemd-resolved problem is fixed, you can update and install omv-extras.

• The DNS is working at present from me having manually set it in /etc/resolv.conf

It's not installing the extra's because it's saying the version of OMV is too old.

When I try upgrade OMV I get this just saying 5 not upgraded:

• So it can see the latest version is there, just not updating to it :(

• If it was the repositories then it wouldn't be able to see the new version unless I'm mistaken?

Also, it sees it, lists it then just says 'not upgraded' - solving why it's not upgraded and then working out how to force it to be seems to be the challenge.

Repository

When trying through apt-get method:

• Offizieller Beitrag

libnss-resolve : Depends: systemd (= 247.3-7+deb11u2) but 252.5-2~bpo11+1 is to be installed libnss-systemd : Depends: systemd (= 247.3-7+deb11u2) but 252.5-2~bpo11+1 is to be installed

libnss will be installed when you solve the other thread's problem, we're back to the same problem. That is probably preventing you from updating. You must follow votdev's instructions and install the systemd-resolved package from the debian backports repository.

• Hey,

Appreciate all the help you're giving.

Regarding the other problem though, as mentioned, DNS is working because I have written it to that file.

If any commands you want me to try execute to verify this I'm happy to - please let me know what.

Code
    root@omv:/usr/sbin# ping www.github.com
    PING github.com (20.207.73.82) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from github.com (20.207.73.82): icmp_seq=1 ttl=109 time=36.6 ms
    64 bytes from github.com (20.207.73.82): icmp_seq=2 ttl=109 time=37.1 ms
    64 bytes from github.com (20.207.73.82): icmp_seq=3 ttl=109 time=37.2 ms
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The problem is not whether the DNS works for you or not. The problem is that there are missing packages that OMV needs. As long as you don't have those packages installed, OMV won't update.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!