Incremental backups

• Offizieller Beitrag

Which tool do you use for the incremental backups? And how do you restore the server setup from it?

borgbackup. Mount the archive in the repos tab and rsync or copy the needed files.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• borgbackup. Mount the archive in the repos tab and rsync or copy the needed files.

Thanks, mate! I see this option in the backup tab even without any repo/archive configured. Does it mean, it will do it automatically, or there is just no warning about it?

And how can I restore the copy? DId You test it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does it mean, it will do it automatically, or there is just no warning about it?

When you mount an archive, you select another shared folder to mount it "on". You are responsible for getting the data from the shared folder to the original location.

And how can I restore the copy? DId You test it?

Personally, I would rsync from the command line and I have done that many times.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• When you mount an archive, you select another shared folder to mount it "on". You are responsible for getting the data from the shared folder to the original location.

This is pretty clear. I'm talking about the first, initial backup. GUI allows me to choose borg backup without creating archive or repo. I have no repo, no archive but I can choose backup. I think we have to disable borg option until the user creates all the necessary stuff first.

Personally, I would rsync from the command l

So, this means, You would not recommend this type of backup, as there is no guaranty it works. Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is pretty clear. I'm talking about the first, initial backup. GUI allows me to choose borg backup without creating archive or repo. I have no repo, no archive but I can choose backup. I think we have to disable borg option until the user creates all the necessary stuff first.

You are looking at the openmediavault-backup plugin. Yes, it does have a borgbackup option but that is not related to the openmediavault-borgbackup plugin. If you use borg in the openmediavault-backup plugin, it will not show up in the openmediavault-borgbackup plugin nor will it need anything setup in the openmediavault-borgbackup plugin to function.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!