external storage ssd is put in RO

• Hello,

I am using OMV6 for quite a while now and recently moved (fresh install) to OMV6 on a proxmox VM (on old thin client PC). (6.0.24-1 (Shaitan) ; Kernel: Linux 5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64). I also must add, that my data SSD device is connected through USB 2.0-Sata adapter.

Everything was working fine, untill I recently started moving a lot of images (bulk transfers) in the personal photos library. I initially used command line because it is supposedly faster, but then I started to get the first errors and my SSD was put in RO. I checked the logs and my drive had a lot of I/O errors. I finally skipped the cp and rsync command and used plain and old mv (since I was working on the same disk).

Having learned my lesson, I from now on only would work through the foreseen SMB configured folders to move images around (using shotwell on a client pc). But reading the images in the app made the SDD again go in to RO.

I added the dmesg log in attachment. Can somebody point me in the right direction for troubleshooting? (I rarely do bulk moves, so I can accept it going slow)

thx in advance,

Th

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • No, only one year old (one terra SSD).

SMART status was all green in the OMV dashboard. Since the issues I notice that OMV has difficulty reading the SMART status, but that is probably because it is in RO, no?

just now:

• No, only one year old (one terra SSD).

SMART status was all green in the OMV dashboard. Since the issues I notice that OMV has difficulty reading the SMART status, but that is probably because it is in RO, no?

just now:

Ive just binned a cheap make SSD, Smart told me everything was fine I swaped it for a Samsung drive and all my problems went away.

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 1tb nvme Data, 2TB nvme Leeching, 24TB (8tbx 3 merg) Media,

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!