quotacheck error and missing aquota files.

• Hello. Previously, I configured quotas for each user in the openmediavault GUI, and everything was running smoothly. However, for some reason, when I tried to edit the quotas for several users, an error occurred, and all my files suddenly disappeared from the disk where I had set the quotas. I attempted to restore all the files from backup and tried to reconfigure the quotas, but now I'm encountering the error 'quotacheck: Cannot find filesystem to check or filesystem not mounted with quota option.' I tried reinstalling my server, but the error still persists.

I can still perform quota configuration using the 'edquota' command, but I'm unable to apply configuration through the GUI due to the 'quotacheck' error. How can i solve this?

This is error log from my new server installation:

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I can still perform quota configuration using the 'edquota' command, but I'm unable to apply configuration through the GUI due to the 'quotacheck' error. How can i solve this?

If no one gives you a better solution, I would try, first of all, to run the omv-salt deploy run quota command in the CLI.

If it still gives an error I would try to edit the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file and remove the <quota> section manually.

To do it you can use WinSCP or the tool you prefer (sudo nano in CLI should work):

- Make a backup copy of the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file

- Edit the original file, find the section between the <quota> and </quota> tags.

- Removes all content between those two tags, even the two tags as well. Make sure you don't touch anything else, respect the existing indentations, don't leave any blank lines.

- Save the changes.

- Execute the omv-salt deploy run quota command in the CLI.

That procedure should have removed all quotas set on any disk for any user. From there you should again be able to set the quotas you need in the OMV GUI.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!