UnionFileSystem: set a Disk to read only

• Hi,

i want to change a disk. Is there a way to set a disk in a UnionFileSystem to "Read only"? I want to do this with the old disk and move than all files from this disk to the UnionFilesystem.

Greetings

da_user

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to set a disk in a UnionFileSystem to "Read only"?

Take the disk out of the union filesystem pool. Then copy files from it to the pool.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

Yes, thats an alternate way.

But at this way i have to take the data out of my Pool, and there runs some Docker-Containers with synced data, nextcloud, resiliosync and so on.

So i think the better way will be to make the disk read-only. But when there is not the posibillity to do this, your way is the bester.

So: is there a posibillity to make the disk read-only?

• No. You seemingly want the disk simultaneously writeable and non-writeable. But...

Move your container data?

Mount the FS allowing only docker user, ie. mount -o umask=...?

chattr +i everything non-docker user?

• No. You seemingly want the disk simultaneously writeable and non-writeable. But...

yes... a little bit ;)

writeable in the omv-Filesystem, non-writeable in the UFS.

But maybe i mount it in the omv-filesystem non-writeable and copy the data manual to the disks. What does UFS at duplicate files?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!