Help for RAID5

• Hello I need help to mount a disk on my raid 5 ...

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State

0 8 80 0 active sync /dev/sdf

1 8 144 1 active sync /dev/sdj

2 8 112 2 active sync /dev/sdh

3 8 0 3 active sync /dev/sda

4 8 32 4 active sync /dev/sdc

5 8 16 - spare /dev/sdb <---------------------------------

my mistake :

root@:~# mdadm --stop /dev/md0

mdadm: Cannot get exclusive access to /dev/md1:Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group?

root@:~# mdadm -AfR /dev/md1 /dev/sdb

mdadm: /dev/sdb is busy - skipping

I cut off all my SMB services etc...

same problem.

if you have an idea I don't understand the subject well enough, thank you in advance.

• Hello, sorry for my not very clear post.

I have 3 raid and md1 is in question

Code
    root@apollon:~# mdadm --detail --scan --verbose
    ARRAY /dev/md2 level=raid1 num-devices=2 metadata=1.2 name=APOLLON.local:2 UUID=9b6ce6da:c3c6d522:30edcc4d:1dc7d5c8
       devices=/dev/sdc,/dev/sde
    ARRAY /dev/md1 level=raid5 num-devices=5 metadata=1.2 spares=1 name=APOLLON.local:1 UUID=5dc73a96:4586dcae:e96d51ee:9cd19b18
       devices=/dev/sdb,/dev/sdd,/dev/sdf,/dev/sdg,/dev/sdh,/dev/sdi
    ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid5 num-devices=5 metadata=1.2 name=APOLLON.local:0 UUID=77fbd996:488fc11b:25437c9c:a3d813f4
       devices=/dev/sdj,/dev/sdk,/dev/sdl,/dev/sdm,/dev/sdn
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Ok, looking at the output you have a spare in /dev/md1 that drive is dev/sdh whereas in your first post the drive was /dev/sdb that would suggest the system has been rebooted.

If you are looking at adding /dev/sdh to the array /dev/md1 as a working data drive you can't until it's actually failed then removed from the array so it's no longer an active spare.

TBH this must have been added manually, I don't think omv allows a spare to be added using the GUI

In raid management you can remove a drive from an array, select the array and from the menu click remove, if the spare shows in there then is can be removed from the array, if it doesn't it's the command line

Please set your omv version in your first post

• I tried to add it in the GUI to extend my volume but it remains as spare. :/

• geaves

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!