migration OMV4 to OMV6 files on raid5 missing

• Good morning,

it's a little panic on my side, I pray that someone can help me...

I had an OMV v4 nas server, in an HP Proliant micro Server N54L, connected to the network in rj45, which contains 1 SSD of 64Gb with the OS on it, and 4 hard disks of 3 Tb each, mounted in raid 5.

above I used the samba and miniDLNA services…

That was 4 days ago...

And the spiral begins...

Impossible to access my films in DLNA with neither the box, nor the TV, nor the rPi in media player, nor chrome cast…

Samba access via my laptop and a small landline disconnect after 20sec to about 10min, the same for the admin interface…

I interpret this as an announced end... I still manage to see the SMART log of my disks and, from memory, everything is "clean"... (I no longer have a precise memory of the logs: Frowning:

I said to myself then that it might be time to migrate from version of OMV I look… we are at version 6… I download it…

Some time ago I had already succeeded in migrating from OMV v3 => v4 everything went well and it automatically found raid 5, my 4 root directories, and all the data there. on discs...

I therefore install OMV v6, I do a “sudo apt update” followed by a “sudo apt upgrade”, I enter the interface…

and there the drama… I no longer see my root directories… (as was the case in the installation of omv v3 to v4)

I can see the disks in raid 5 with the "Clean" notation but where did my data go?

and in addition there is a notion of "mounting volume" that I hesitate to do for fear of losing my data...

here some log from ssh:

I'm counting on you to help me

THANKS

• Unfortunately, I can't do that because it only offers me my OS disk and not raid 5...

and I don't want to create new directories, I would like to find my old data which is on raid 5 but how?

• Offizieller Beitrag

In your second picture it shows /dev/md127. That is your raid. Can't you select it to mount it?

I don't want to create new directories, I would like to find my old data which is on raid 5 but how?

If you are using the browsing function, it does not create new directories. It creates shared folders pointing at the directories you selected. Maybe you need to switch the language of the GUI to English to understand what I mean with "shared folders"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!