500 Error on Sandworm Beta Workbench WebGui - Apparent Permissions Problem?

• I'm running a new install of Sandworm using instructions on the site. Platform is Armbian/Bookworm on a Radxa RockPi 4C.

The workbench is configured for HTTP on port 90. Port 80 has an existing NPM redirector. NPM is parallel installation, and doesn't forward/redirect to OMV.

I have successfully run this combination on OMV6 and Debian Bullseye, with the same hardware platform.

Output of /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log:

2023/12/04 18:07:00 [error] 10150#10150: *30 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: DOMDocument::load(/etc/openmediavault/config.xml): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc on line 121" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.147.20.3, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /rpc.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php8.2-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock:", host: "HOST.DOMAIN.TLD:90", referrer: "http://HOST.DOMAIN.TLD:90/"

Directory and File Permissions in /etc/openmediavault :

root@HOST:~# ls -lah /etc/openmediavault/

total 124K

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Dec 4 18:06 .

drwxr-xr-x 166 root root 12K Dec 4 17:56 ..

-rw-rw---- 1 root openmediavault-config 31K Dec 4 17:42 config.xml

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 73K Jul 24 04:17 php.ini

Help with this is appreciated! Thanks.
    — Jeremiah Cornelius

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Yes, it still does. There's something funny going on in /run/php and the names of sockets, too. Symlinks in parallel to the files created at service runtime for php-fpm.
    I am starting again, with a clean build of Armbian. I'm prepping my data volumes for moving these, so it's going to take some time.

I'll report back here.

• Yes, it still does. There's something funny going on in /run/php and the names of sockets, too. Symlinks in parallel to the files created at service runtime for php-fpm.
    I am starting again, with a clean build of Armbian. I'm prepping my data volumes for moving these, so it's going to take some time.

I'll report back here.

Hi, I am facing your same issue. Were you able to find a solution to that php8.2-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock error?

Running OMV 7 on Debian 12 inside a LXC container on Proxmox

• Hi, I am facing your same issue. Were you able to find a solution to that php8.2-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock error?

Running OMV 7 on Debian 12 inside a LXC container on Proxmox

OMV of any version does not run in a LXC container. If you've seen and/or trying to use one the the tteck helper scripts on Proxmox don't waste your time. Either use a VM for OMV, or bindmount host storage into an LXC running a turnkey fileserver or debian + NFS + SAMBA.

• OMV of any version does not run in a LXC container. If you've seen and/or trying to use one the the tteck helper scripts on Proxmox don't waste your time. Either use a VM for OMV, or bindmount host storage into an LXC running a turnkey fileserver or debian + NFS + SAMBA.

Got it, thanks.

• Hi,

I have a similar Error Message in openmediavault-webgui_error.log:

FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: DOMDocument::load(/etc/openmediavault/config.xml): Failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc on line 121" while reading response header from upstream client: 192.168.2.222, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /rpc.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php8.2-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock:", host: "192.168.2.223", referrer: "http://192.168.2.223/"

I am running OMV 7 at Debian 12 (raspberry Pi). I start the Pi via network boot. Installation was going well (no error messages), but I was never able to logon via webgui.

Is the network-boot the problem? :/

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, it's a file permission problem. Have you modified /etc/openmediavault/config.xml on your own? What is the output of

Bash
    ls -alh /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
  • No, it's a file permission problem. Have you modified /etc/openmediavault/config.xml on your own? What is the output of

Bash
    ls -alh /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Thanks for reply. I have not modified anything after installation. The output is:

-rw-rw---- 1 root openmediavault-config 17K Mar 22 12:59 /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

• Redeploy the configs, maybe something went wrong

Bash
    omv-salt deploy run nginx phpfpm

Mmh, I did it (with "sudo") but it was not helping: the commant was running (Succeeded: 22 (changed=13), Failed: 0), but I get the same result when I try to login to the web-gui. Is there anything, what I can try?

• I did some more tests: I installed OMV6 at a fresh Debian 11 (again boot from network) and got the same problem.

The only difference I see is the network boot. Has anyone ever tried to boot OMV6 or OMV7 via network at a Pi3 or Pi4?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!