[OMV 6.x] MERGERFS - Getting error when editing a pool in WebUI

• Hi,

I created a mergerfs pool.

Now, when I try to edit it in the WebUI, I got a "500 - OK" error pop up:

Hereafter the full error stack:

I did try to restart the MergerFS pool, but got the same "500 - OK" error in the WebUI, but quite different stack trace:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; systemctl restart srv-mergerfs-union\x2d1.mount' with exit code '5': 

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; systemctl restart srv-mergerfs-union\x2d1.mount' with exit code '5':  in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:242
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/mergerfs.inc(203): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 5)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceMergerfs->restartPool(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('restartPool', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Mergerfs', 'restartPool', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Nonetheless, the MergerFS pool seems to be created and accessible at /srv/mergerfs/union-1 :

Any idea of what can be the issue?

Best regards,

iGoX

• igox

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • votdev

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea of what can be the issue?

I would try creating a group with a name that begins and ends with alphabetic characters (not numbers) and would not include that hyphen in the name. These things usually cause problems.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why did you add category.create=mfs to the options? The "Create policy" dropdown does that. And yes, the dash/hyphen is the problem. I guess I didn't realize 'shareName' allowed them - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…rgerfs-form-page.yaml#L36 I will change OMV 7.x to not allow them.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

I would try creating a group with a name that begins and ends with alphabetic characters (not numbers) and would not include that hyphen in the name. These things usually cause problems.

And yes, the dash/hyphen is the problem

Indeed, the dash/hyphen was the root cause of my issue. I renamed my mergerfs share as union1 rather than union-1 and it worked.

Why did you add category.create=mfs to the options?

Because I did a dumb copy/paste from the mergerfs Github documentation (I have a torrent client writing on the mergerfs share):

May I ask which option from the dropdown list should I pick to remove the category.create=mfs from the options?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

iGoX

PS: I'm tagging this thread as resolved as the initial issue (mergerfs one) is now solved.

• igox

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

May I ask which option from the dropdown list should I pick to remove the category.create=mfs from the options?

You can't. Why would you want to?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!