Abysmal transfer speeds to clients

• I've been an OMV user since Version 3, now on 6, and have a VM set up to try out 7.

I'm trying to figure out what in the world is going on, as my transfer speeds to Windows clients are abysmal.

Setup -

Multiple Windows 10 clients, all updates applied, generally with 8-24G of ram, SATA SSD boot drives (none of them have NVME slots, I can't afford new enough equipment for that yet) mix of Intel and Realtek NICs (ugh, I know, but some don't have PCI slots)

a miniPC running some version of an Intel Celeron processor, 128G NVME boot drive with OMV installed, 8 gig RAM. Attached to this is an Orico 5-bay USB 3.2 enclosure with (5) 4TB drives installed.

No RAID, no funny stuff going on with anything, everything is set up as just straight JBOD, with 5 shares available to my windows PCs.

I'm not sure what brand of network card is onboard, but I have 2 ports available and the managed switch to do LACP, I just haven't done it yet - network is kind of in a state of flux at the moment, I'm just learning the ins and outs of setting it up, and don't want to lock myself out of my main NAS yet while I experiment - I got it successfully set up on the OMV 7 test box, though.

Transfers from one drive to another average about 100megs a second according to the copy dialog box, and I've seen as high as 170+ megs/second.

So OMV drive 1, using a Windows client to do the copy, to Drive 2 on the same system, speeds are fine.

BUT, if I try to transfer from OMV to a windows client, or from a Windows client to OMV, speeds are worse than USB 2.0 - about 10-11MB/s - take hours just to copy a large file over.

Can anyone suggest what in the world I might have going on here?

Happy New year, and thanks for any advice.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That suggests that the speed somewhere on your network is reduced from 10/100/1000 to 10/100. I think you should check your hardware,...connections, cables...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!