OMV-regen OMV6: also for clean install OMV7 ?

• I am trying to upgrade from omv6-9-11.3 (omv-release-upgrade) but that results in an error. No idea what happened or how to solve this.

At the end of the upgrade process by SSH:

Code
     unable to stat './usr/share/X11' (which was about to be installed): Bad message
    dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
     unable to truncate for updated status of 'xkb-data': Read-only file system
    dpkg: error: unable to access the dpkg database directory /var/lib/dpkg: Read-only file system
    Unable to save the cookie file: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/var/cache/salt/minion/dpkg.cookie'
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
    E: Sub-process dpkg --set-selections returned an error code (2)
    E: Couldn't revert dpkg selection for approved remove/purge after an error was encountered!
    W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - pkgDPkgPM::Go (30: Read-only file system)

Because I have the OS on a thumbdrive and omv backup plugin it is not a big deal and easily to replace the OS. I am using KVM and Docker plugins.

Is OMV-regen capable of restoring OMV6 settings to a clean install OMV7?

• ruudm

Hat den Titel des Themas von „OMV-regen: also for OMV6 to clean install OMV 7?“ zu „OMV-regen OMV6: also for clean install OMV7 ?“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Is OMV-regen capable of restoring OMV6 settings to a clean install OMV7?

No.

I thought about programming something similar, but that would make sense once OMV6 no longer receives OMV or plugin version updates. It would be necessary to "translate" the database from a fixed version of OMV6 to a fixed version of OMV7 and then update OMV7 to the current version at the time. Maybe later it could be done, I haven't thought much about it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!