Filesystem created in GUI not visible in GUI

• I newly installed OMV on a Rockpro64 with a NAS case, I have a Kingston DC600M 7.68TB SSD connected via a Marvell 88SE9230 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s RAID Controller. I use a Leicke 12V 7.5A 90W power adapter (I plugged through a device monitoring power consumption, it is around 8-9W).

I installed minimal Armbian on an SD and then the installation with the script as in the manual went fine (although I see that "apt -s upgrade" says armbian-bsp-cli-rockpro64 is kept back). I asked to create an ext4 filesystem from the GUI on the SSD, the operation started, it was apparently taking a while. I remember seeing some messages that look pretty normal (like creating superblocks) but others about skipping blocks that worried me a bit. The creation of the usual necessary things was taking quite a while but I thought the drive is large so I need to be patient then I went doing something else. The GUI connection timed out and when I connected again, the filesystem was not listed. However, with an SSH connection, lsblk said there was one. I decided to leave it running overnight.

On the next day, the system was either off or in some kind of sleep (power consumption was alternatively 0 and 3W), it took a number of attempts to manage to power on/wake up (pressing power several times, and RST, not sure how it finally worked). However, no filesystem in GUI. Also, if I ask to create a filesystem in the GUI, there is nothing available for that.

Is there a way to see the output of the filesystem creation operation, to have a clue whether it is completed?

I know that there may be issues with the SATA controller but how can I see error messages if there are?

Any advice to recover or on hardware setup is welcome.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Avron () aus folgendem Grund: Corrected mistake: the power adapter is 12V, not 5V.

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Problem is solved.

What I did:

- increase the timeout for the web interface (1 day)

- connect as root and run "dmesg -w" to see any error

- in the GUI, erase the SSD (7.68 TB), fast option

- in the GUI, create an ext4 fs (felt like a few minutes)

I did not see any error and now the fs is there in the GUI.

Perhaps it is necessary to first erase with the GUI any added SSD/HDD, even if new and empty.

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!