OMV installation script has an unusable bug in Proxmox VE 8. x

• Installing OMV in Proxmox VE KVM, the installation script inexplicably terminates before entering the root username, and after configuring the network, installs it countless times, including BIOS and EFI. Install normally in VMware Workstation,

I don't think it's a problem with Proxmox VE:

1. Because ISO was indeed started and terminated during the installation process.

2. Install countless times but only once successfully

Tabs can pop up normally in VMware Workstation

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • @ruijand Which ISO did you use? Did you try booting ISO without ipv6? Can you post a screen shot of the VM config?

Both 6.50 and 7.20 were unable to boot and install properly. During the installation process, there was a prompt to configure IPv6, and then there was no input box for username and host name displayed like a physical machine. After waiting for 10 minutes, it still remains the same.

• ruijiand The OMV isos have a preseed file which skips certain stages of the normal debian install (like creating a normal user) , so it only asks for root user details. . Not had a chance to try this myself but it's odd as the same isos can be used in virt-manager (kvm/libvrtd) without a problem. Did you try switching to one of the alternative consoles when the install hangs to view any error messages?

• I have also not had an issue installing OMV on proxmox 7 or 8. VM config looks very much the same, only like Krisbee, I use "host" for processor.

Edit: I get that there are advantages to not using "host" - makes it easier to move VM's to new hardware. But if you want to virtualize the CPU, just use kvm64.

• Thank you very much, I found the reason why the installation was interrupted, unfortunately, on that day, I had a problem with my DHCP Server that prevented me from assigning an IP to the OMV to complete the network configuration, successfully configuring the network via DHCP will result in the following message, but if the DHCP request never completes, the installation will be unresponsive, and neither can I exit the configuration interface, nor will I prompt the user to manually configure the IP, gateway, or gateway due to the DHCP request timeout! The user is normally prompted to manually configure the IP and gateway (I know OMV has an option to manually configure the network, but it does not accept any input at this time), but when the DHCP configuration is complete, it is possible to pause the configuration and allow the network to be configured manually! This is contradictory. I reproduced the problem by shutting down my DHCP Server. I think this is a DHCP configuration network exception bug, how do I report this to the developers?

• Offizieller Beitrag

ruijiand The OMV ISO is based on the Debian installer + a customized preseed.cfg, nothing more. The installer should behave as the Debian ISO. You can try the Debian 12 Netinst ISO and manually install OMV afterwards. But i assume the Debian ISO will have the same behaviour because they are sharing the same roots.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!