Unable to resolve any web addresses on new install of omv6 after Installing OMV-Extras

• So after having this issue when trying to upgrade from 5 to 6 last week I did a fresh install of 6 but I think it was after installing OMV-Extras that it all started again. OMV-Extras I don't think has installed fully & again I can ping 8.8.8.8 but not google.com.

Following through post "DNS not resolving on OMV 6.0.42-2 after setting interface DNS" I have similar results!

Quote from Votdev:

Zitat

Please do us a favor and install the system from scratch. Installing systemd from the backports has made your system unmaintainable and put the package management in a state where it seems impossible to fix the package conflicts.

And again from Votdev further down the post:

Zitat

Install debian and then install OMV over debian. Note that running the OMV install script will also install omv-extras and, if memory serves, will enable backports by default.

Like "nila" in the above post I didn't knowingly install through 'backports'.

So my question is what should I do if I have to do another fresh install?

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) / Linux 6.1.0-20-amd64 / AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

• Offizieller Beitrag

So my question is what should I do if I have to do another fresh install?

You can install OMV on debian by following this procedure.

That won't activate backports, but it won't install omv-extras either. You will have to install omv-extras later with the script that will also activate backports.

• The install from openmediavault_6.5.0-amd64.iso was fine, applied many updates after install & some plugins, then installed "wget -O - <a href="https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install">https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install</a> | bash" this is where I think it all went wrong, unable to access anymore plugins or install any of those listed. see below:<br>

Surely this shouldn't happen when you install omv-extras? I had it working OK with omv5.

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) / Linux 6.1.0-20-amd64 / AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tiger955 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!