How to auto-shutdown omv at 9 pm every day?

• Hello,

finally I've just upgraded from omv5 (5.6.18) to omv6. Well, did not work straight forward. Going with this Guide (omv-release-upgrade), my omv was bricked. So i flashed the system partion with an prepared USB-Stick with omv6, could mount the remaind filesystem of the data partition and everything is fine so far.

The auto-shutdown-Plug-in worked perfect for me before the upgrade. From what I understand, I had to reinstall omv-extras to have this Plug-in available again. Did so, but there seems to be no way to get it shut down my omv every day fix a 9 pm. No WOL. I'm using it only now and then. Wan't it to be automaticaly off, so that I don't need to remember once I powered it on.

Obviously there is another way with planed tasks to do this job. But I can't figure out, what command or how to configure this.

Can anyone help for the one or the other way?

Best,

A.Dent

• A.Dent

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
  • but there seems to be no way to get it shut down my omv every day fix a 9 pm.

Very simple.

Create a Scheduled Task that runs at 9:00pm every day. The command to run is:

Code
    shutdown -h now

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I did this from the omv6 gui by adding the shutdown (or standby) task in SYSTEM>POWER MANAGEMENT> SCHEDULED TASKS

OMV6.x on RPi4 w/ Raspberry Pi OS Lite 64Bit, Kernel V6.1, Debian V11 (bullseye)

2Gb RAM, 32GB OS SD, 4TB Data Drive

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!