OMV sometimes does not connect to network after reboot

• Sometimes upon restart, OMV does not connect to the local network. Typically if I restart once or twice, it will connect correctly. However, occasionally it will not be able to connect even after many restarts so I must hook up a monitor & keyboard and run omv-firstaid, reconfiguring eno1. This is a minor annoyance if I'm home, but obviously very frustrating when it occurs while I'm traveling with no physical access to my server.

This has occurred with both OMV5 and after upgrading to OMV6. I have a hardwired connection to a router.

If I run journalctl -b | grep Ethernet, I see lots of messages about eth0 renamed from vethXXXXX. I think I remember seeing a thread with a similar issue suggesting that it was caused by docker, but I don't think there was a resolution.

Can anyone suggest a solution or how to debug this? I'm pretty out of my element when it comes to networking.

Here is the output of ip addr from the last time I experienced this issue.

And here is the output of journalctl -b | grep Ethernet

• Yep, I am running into this too on my OMV7 install. Had to reconfigure three times this morning. Trying to understand why.

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Processor Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8

• OK I figured out my issue but I don't know the cause or solution.

Whenever I have to reboot OMV7 for a plugin, the network dongle may not always be acknowledged. I have to unplug/replug the dongle and then it's back. It seems like some reset or init is missing after a reboot for the dongle.

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Processor Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8

• Offizieller Beitrag

This has occurred with both OMV5 and after upgrading to OMV6

Sometimes updates between OMV versions can cause problems. If no one else gives you a better solution I suggest using omv-regen to get a clean installation of OMV already configured. That may help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!