Can RTRR be used on OMV?

• I have a QNAP TS-119 that has both RSYNC and RTRR

I do not see any settings for RTRR in OMV 6 or 7.

Is there basic settings that I can set for OMV to active sync, both directions.

If I drop or change a file in one I want the file to sync with the other, using date last modified.

I have tried several things using both RSYNC and RTRR in the QNAS and OMV to run it, but I'm missing something.

I tried to set up in

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do not see any settings for RTRR in OMV 6 or 7.

If I'm not mistaken RTRR is a simple shared folder synchronization service and is a proprietary QNAP system. You can do this with Syncthing or Nextcloud, for example, in a docker container.

• Thanks, I'll look into that but I was trying to avoid the complexity of setting up dockers, just wanted a simple solution

to do the aforementioned. Having enough trouble just getting RSYNC to work.

Basic settings that I can set OMV to active sync a share, both directions.

If I drop or change a file in one I want the file to sync with the other, using date last modified.

What I have set so far is the QNAS does cloud back up of several clouds, Dropbox, OneBox, GoogleDrive, and BoxCloud.

That syncs to QNAS drive, then I wanted to sync that and other shares on QNAS to OMV NAS.

Just haven't got a grip on the OMV's RSYNC multiple pages of settings to get it to work.

Seems it should be more straight forward.

So should I set a push and pull or should I be looking at something else. Also naming and addressing conventions are a bit confusing.

Watched several YT video's but seems they always skip over the actual settings.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll look into that but I was trying to avoid the complexity of setting up dockers, just wanted a simple solution

to do the aforementioned.

Docker is not complicated if you spend some time reading this.

Edit: https://wiki.omv-extras.org/doku.php?id=omv7:docker_in_omv

Basic settings that I can set OMV to active sync a share, both directions.

Rsync only syncs in one direction, so I don't think it works for what you want.

So should I set a push and pull or should I be looking at something else.

Look what I told you in the second post.

• Complexity?

Well attempting to install docker compose I get all kind of errors.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well attempting to install docker compose I get all kind of errors.

I'm sorry. I missed linking the document in my previous post. https://wiki.omv-extras.org/doku.php?id=omv7:docker_in_omv

• That's where I'm having trouble, Compose will not install> the errors in first post, I can't get to the point of the first thing in the guild.

• Well I'm thinking of starting over, reinstall anyway, this is my test bed #2 in my Spoiler.

Probably should anyway, I have a drive that needs to come out with a few bad sectors.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!