Nextcloud AIO with Nginx Proxy Manager and fail2ban: I keep getting banned by fail2ban

• Offizieller Beitrag

That means we either have both broken configs or there is indeed a bug in nextcloud causing 404 errors

I think you're right. I have errors in Nextcloud on my system since I updated to version 28 of Nextcloud. There are several related threads on the Nextcloud forum and on github.

• So I had a look. If I open the contacts app, I do not see those errors in the logs. instead I see a 200 entry as below (my web domain is redacted with xxxxxxx)

My nextcloud version is 28.0.3 but as noted many times it is not a docker and is not a prebuilt vm, it is an lxc that I custom built and uses a postgres database instead of the mysql database that is the nextcloud default (both are officially supported, but I switched to postgres because mysql has a unicode quirk that nextcloud uses a "work around" for, but postgres doesn't have the same bug and postgres performs faster than mysql). This all means that the nextcloud server has a LAN ip that is different from my main omv server ip, uses a different database, and with the custom build based on the bare metal build instructions as a start, may have some additional differences, all of which can contribute to the difference in the way the prebuilt docker behaves compared to my custom vm build..

Code
    [23/Mar/2024:14:36:03 -0230] - 200 200 - GET https xxxxxxxxxx "/remote.php/dav/addressbooks/users/Bern/z-server-generated--system/Database:Bern.vcf?photo" [Client 192.168.2.212] [Length 7217] [Gzip -] [Sent-to 192.168.2.251] "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/122.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 OPR/108.0.0.0" "-"
  • So I had a look. If I open the contacts app, I do not see those errors in the logs. instead I see a 200 entry as below (my web domain is redacted with xxxxxxx)

My nextcloud version is 28.0.3 but as noted many times it is not a docker and is not a prebuilt vm, it is an lxc that I custom built and uses a postgres database instead of the mysql database that is the nextcloud default (both are officially supported, but I switched to postgres because mysql has a unicode quirk that nextcloud uses a "work around" for, but postgres doesn't have the same bug and postgres performs faster than mysql). This all means that the nextcloud server has a LAN ip that is different from my main omv server ip, uses a different database, and with the custom build based on the bare metal build instructions as a start, may have some additional differences, all of which can contribute to the difference in the way the prebuilt docker behaves compared to my custom vm build..

Code
    [23/Mar/2024:14:36:03 -0230] - 200 200 - GET https xxxxxxxxxx "/remote.php/dav/addressbooks/users/Bern/z-server-generated--system/Database:Bern.vcf?photo" [Client 192.168.2.212] [Length 7217] [Gzip -] [Sent-to 192.168.2.251] "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/122.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 OPR/108.0.0.0" "-"

Interesting. But you said, you didn't use the contacts feature, didn't you? Are there any entries in the contacts app?

Thanks for looking! :)

• Interesting. But you said, you didn't use the contacts feature, didn't you? Are there any entries in the contacts app?

Thanks for looking! :)

Yes, there are entries in there for me, and 2 other people. If you look at the log line, the Bern listed there is me, and I don't have a photo in the entry so really, your docker should behave the same as my custom lxc

• As I mentioned, my look at the original docker release showed problems with talk, and now there seems to be quirks with contacts. I guess that’s another reason to keep using my custom vm/manual install setup. Even though I don’t use the contacts, I have no idea why else may be compromised in the docker, but I know my vm approach is fully functional.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!