omv-regen on omv7

• I upgraded to omv7 all working fine. I upgraded the regen script but my old scheduled task fails.

Code
    /usr/sbin/omv-regen backup -d3 -u -b /mnt/USB32/Regen

Invalid argument. Exiting...

I am sure this is something simple but can't work it out. Any help appreciated.

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

• Offizieller Beitrag

I upgraded the regen script but my old scheduled task fails.

You were using the first version of omv-regen. That version used arguments next to the command to define backup jobs.

Now it doesn't work like that anymore. Starting with version 2 there is a GUI that works with dialog in CLI. To configure the backup task run omv-regen in CLI. The GUI will open and allow you to configure the backup parameters. Those parameters are stored persistently. Once that is done, it is enough to schedule a task with the omv-regen backup command (without more arguments than backup) and it will be executed with the configurations that you previously defined.

If you need to modify the parameters simply start the GUI and modify them. The scheduled task will now work with the modified parameters.

Everything is explained here:

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Thanks this solved it.

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!