test version of the compose plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have a test version of the compose plugin that has a couple of new features.

• The backup works with compose files that use an environment variable in the path
    • Added option to import a single compose file

wget https://omv-extras.org/testing/openmediavault-compose_7.0.11_all.deb -O openmediavault-compose_7.0.11_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i openmediavault-compose_7.0.11_all.deb

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• tested on backup machine:

backup using $variables works fine:

restore file:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for testing.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I delete the "Dozzle" Docker, and try to restore, not work.

error is

To provide more info I delete the dozzle docker in compose webGUI, but do not clean /home/Dockers/dozzle so config for the docker still exits, perhaps restore can't work because data still exist.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll have to look at that. I didn't change the restore because it shouldn't need to be changed. Something must still be wrong with the backup.

• no, delete the data is not the problem, once deleted , I'll try to restore again an this is the error:

• I'll have to look at that. I didn't change the restore because it shouldn't need to be changed. Something must still be wrong with the backup.

Ok, tell me what info do you need to provide it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since the restore does not add entries to the database, the restore needs /home/Compose/Dozzle/Dozzle.yml to exist (currently). This hasn't changed in the test version but I'm thinking maybe I will change it. Then the restore can create the yml and the database entries.

• Since the restore does not add entries to the database, the restore needs /home/Compose/Dozzle/Dozzle.yml to exist (currently). This hasn't changed in the test version but I'm thinking maybe I will change it. Then the restore can create the yml and the database entries.

This was one of the issues i was struggling with. Restoring in my opinion should also work in case no yml is available in the gui and being able to create it. This is what i was about to workaround by using the importing option.

This will create a very nice restoring capabilities:

- Restoring - copies yml/env from the backup folder. Works on single container folder

- Import - copies yml/env from the compose folder. Works recursively and on a single container folder

This will be a full capable system i think

I do not know what the "Sync Changes From File" will meant to do then. Its job might be taken over by Importing a single container

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do not know what the "Sync Changes From File" will meant to do then.

Some people wanted to be able to make changes to the compose file(s) from the command line and sync the database to those changes. Importing is used when the compose file does not exist in the database.

• Some people wanted to be able to make changes to the compose file(s) from the command line and sync the database to those changes. Importing is used when the compose file does not exist in the database.I got

If i understand correctly the way you describe it sounds to me like an importing with the option to overwrite an existing .yml. Just thinking loud

• Offizieller Beitrag

If i understand correctly the way you describe it sounds to me like an importing with the option to overwrite an existing .yml. Just thinking loud

Yep, import + overwrite = import changes = sync. Although sync requires the files be in the format written by the plugin. import will import FILE_NAME.yml or docker-compose.yml and FILE_NAME.env or .env.

• Offizieller Beitrag

New test version

sudo wget https://omv-extras.org/testing/openmediavault-compose_7.1_all.deb -O openmediavault-compose_7.1_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i openmediavault-compose_7.1_all.deb

• this time no error on restore:

PD: Restore of previosly backup

Dozzle appear as stoped:

But Up then no works, error is:

Code
    dozzle  | time="2024-03-19T19:17:32Z" level=info msg="Dozzle version v6.3.1"
    dozzle  | time="2024-03-19T19:17:32Z" level=info msg="Connected to 1 Docker Engine(s)"
    dozzle  | time="2024-03-19T19:17:32Z" level=fatal msg="Could not find users.yml file at /data/users.yml"

END OF LINE

on backup user.yml exits

ok, found error: user.yml is not copied inside data folder:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just pushed another update. I did a bunch more testing and I think this is working well.

sudo wget https://omv-extras.org/testing/openmediavault-compose_7.1_all.deb -O openmediavault-compose_7.1_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i openmediavault-compose_7.1_all.deb

• new backup:

then delete the dozzle docker.

and try to restore:

The docker dozzle appear in files as "Down", only need to "up" , and works as expected.

More test with other dockers ot for other users are wellcome, but for me appear to be good.

• only extrange message: time="2024-03-20T09:40:35+01:00" level=warning msg="/home/Compose/Glances/Glances.yml: `version` is obsolete"

and delete of several files that previous backup use:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!