OMV Missing RAID 5 filesystem after broken drive

• After drive failed on RAID 5 im lost. Replaced drive with same size disk but Raid file system says its missing, and options are greyd out. Any advice how to recover it?
    Im noob with linux but I can follow instructions given.

Versio that Im using is openmediavault_4.1.3

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Pahikainen () aus folgendem Grund: Versio in use openmediavault_4.1.3

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Versio that Im using is openmediavault_4.1.3

This is EOL current version is v7

After drive failed on RAID 5 im lost. Replaced drive with same size disk but Raid file system says its missing, and options are greyd out

This is probably where it went wrong, mdadm (software raid) is not plug and play it has to told what to do in a specific order

ssh into omv as root and run the following two commands and post the output in a code box, this symbol </> on the forum menu bar, makes it easier to read.

cat /proc/mdstat

blkid

• I Think before swapping drive it said missing filesystem before that. I still have the faulty drive but it just clicks all the time when powered. Hardware where Im running this OMV is old lacie 5big and it was blinking red on backside.

Geaves thanks for the help I got the following output from these commads

• Offizieller Beitrag

The array is inactive, and it's showing 3 drives available in the array, to get it started run ->

mdadm --stop /dev/md0 wait for the output, then ->

mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md0 /dev/sd[bce] this should assemble the array, wait for the rebuild/sync to complete

is /dev/sdd1 the new drive that you attempted to add/wanted to add to the array to replace the failed one?

• Yes dev/sdd1 is the replaced drive and sda wouls be the drive where OMV is installed. Btw does omv always consume whole drive where installed? Or can OMV drive be partitioned

Thank you this made it accessible. Is there way to add sdd1 as part of the array or is it rebuilding now?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Btw does omv always consume whole drive where installed

Yes, what you did with /dev/sdd was to format it, then you tried to add it to the existing array, with OMV this will not work you need to add the blank drive to the array this ensures that the metadata etc is the same across the array.

What you will need to do, Storage -> Wipe, select /dev/sdd, from the menu select wipe, then select secure, when finished ->

Raid Management -> now the menu there is an option to add a drive, you are using V4, I can't remember if the option is restore or rebuild it's certainly not grow, from the dialog box select the drive and click ok, this will add the drive to the array.

or is it rebuilding now

I don't know the image you are showing is the file system which is initially irrelevant, Raid Management will show that information or from the cli cat /proc/mdstat

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!