Can mining with OMV?

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • First of all, I don't know how to make a container with my own value. I only know the ones that are in the examples and use hub.docker.

Maybe a guide (verified)?

Secondly, I read on the Internet that it is worse if you use a container.

I need "Solution is configure prefetchers by using MSR registers from OS level.

If you use recent XMRig with root privileges (Linux) or admin privileges (Windows) the miner configure all MSR registers automatically."

for better mining results.

Will it have any negative impact on the operation of OMV if I mine with the program running via ssh?

Obviously, the CPU load and some RAM, up to 5 GB.

Only RAM in OMV is probably not used very much, at least less than in truenas where zfs is by default.

Should we just test and check because few people have done it, not in a container, with OMV?

• OMV is designed primarily to be a NAS, not a crypto miner.

There are better Linux based choices for efficient -> crypto mining that support XMRig.

I know that.

But i want buy for example dell r730 to NAS.

Thay have CPU too strong for only NAS.

For this reason, I am considering combining OMV and mining.

For mining, all you need is Debian, which OMV uses, and the xmrig program.

• First of all, I don't know how to make a container with my own value. I only know the ones that are in the examples and use hub.docker.

Maybe a guide (verified)?

Find a docker image that interests you and read the documentation for it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!