Expanded size in Proxmox, see the resize in OMV, but not on filesystem

• First i started with OMV with a 32GB filesystem since i tought that would be enough.
    But since i'm using more and more docker, there is only a few GB left.

So i resized in Proxmox to 64GB. When i go into OMV to: Storage > Disks. i can see that there is 64GB of storage:

When i go to my filesystems there is only the 32GB:

What do i need to do to get that to 64GB?

• What do i need to do to get that to 64GB?

Instead of increasing the OS drive size, you need to move the docker root to one of the other drives.

If you continue as you are:

Now, 32Gb isn't enough.

Soon enough, 64Gb won't suffice, also.

And so on, and so on....

First i started with OMV with a 32GB filesystem since i tought that would be enough.

Applying what I advised, your OS drive won't have more than 4Gb in use, if proper configured:

• i can understand your opinion about the drive where docker is installing the containers.
    But this OMV is running in Proxmox, and the only drive that is on a backup is the OS drive.
    All the other drive i don't care about any loss of the data.

So when my OS drive dies, i still have a backup everyday WITH all the docker containers.
    At this moment, i will not install anymore docker containers since the containers are al media related.
    I have a seperated docker installation for all the other dockers (Or i run them in LXC Containers in Proxmox.

• To enlarge the file system, you have to do this in the OMV VM. In Proxmox itself, you only increase the size of the virtual drive. The best thing to do is to integrate a gparted Live ISO into the OMV VM, start from gparted and then enlarge the OMV file system or system partition. If there is a swap partition directly behind the OMV system partition, you have to deactivate it first (preferably via ssh in OMV), then delete it, enlarge the OMV partition and then create and mount a swap partition again if desired. How to do this by disabling the swap partition... see Google.

• To enlarge the file system, you have to do this in the OMV VM. In Proxmox itself, you only increase the size of the virtual drive. The best thing to do is to integrate a gparted Live ISO into the OMV VM, start from gparted and then enlarge the OMV file system or system partition. If there is a swap partition directly behind the OMV system partition, you have to deactivate it first (preferably via ssh in OMV), then delete it, enlarge the OMV partition and then create and mount a swap partition again if desired. How to do this by disabling the swap partition... see Google.

Yes that worked!!

The onyl thing is, now i have this at boot and it is taking a long time to boot up.

• But this OMV is running in Proxmox, and the only drive that is on a backup is the OS drive.
    All the other drive i don't care about any loss of the data.

So when my OS drive dies, i still have a backup everyday WITH all the docker containers.

Good point and if that's what you want, fair enough.

At this moment, i will not install anymore docker containers since the containers are al media related.

This won't prevent of your OS drive to run out of space again, since it seems that your MEDIA container is using the docker root for it's config volume.
    Be it PLEX, Jellyfin, Emby, etc... the metadata lives on that folder tree and will increase as your media increases.

This will make, in the future, the need to expand again the OS drive.

Well, if you learn how to expand one time, you know how to do it again when needed.

• The onyl thing is, now i have this at boot and it is taking a long time to boot up.

no arrays found in config file at DuckDuckGo

boot - Gave up waiting for suspend/resume device - Ask Ubuntu

Zitat

My own solution was to add noresume to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub and run sudo update-grub.

Had the same issue when migrated from CM4 to the N305 even though I don't use mdadm raid.

The above solved it.

• I'm guessing that when you enlarged the OMV system partition, you deleted or moved the swap partition?! You can't just delete or move a swap partition. It must be deregistered in advance. This also includes deleting or commenting out the entry in the fstab. Remove Swap Permanently In the OMV VM via ssh:

1. Using the swapoff utility:

sudo swapoff —all (or sudo swapoff –a)

2. Comment out or delete UUID of the swap partition in the fstab

sudo nano /etc/fstab

3. Comment out the UUID of the swap partition in the following file:

sudo nano /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume

4. Execute these commands at the end (both in this and in the in opposite order):

sudo update-grub

sudo update-initramfs -u

• So i need to comment out or remove these:

And i need to comment out this rule:

• No one knows how you went about enlarging the system partition of OMV!. Did you delete or move the swap partition in the process? As long as nothing concrete is known about it, nothing more will come from me!

• No one knows how you went about enlarging the system partition of OMV!. Did you delete or move the swap partition in the process? As long as nothing concrete is known about it, nothing more will come from me!

i first delete the SWAP partition, then i enlarged the SDA partition of OMV, and then created a new SWAP partition at the end.

• The only thing that needs to be deleted or commented out is the first line in your red flag UUID=... The second line mounts the DVD drive (/dev/sr0). Everything else is described in detail in post #13. I would do without the swap partition altogether. It is neither active nor integrated as they have created it. Allocate enough RAM to the OMV VM in Proxmox (8GB). Then boot up again with gparted in the OMV VM, delete the swap partition and use the space to enlarge the OMV system partion. That's it from me!!

• The only thing that needs to be deleted or commented out is the first line in your red flag UUID=... The second line mounts the DVD drive (/dev/sr0). Everything else is described in detail in post #13. I would do without the swap partition altogether. It is neither active nor integrated as they have created it. Allocate enough RAM to the OMV VM in Proxmox (8GB). Then boot up again with gparted in the OMV VM, delete the swap partition and use the space to enlarge the OMV system partion. That's it from me!!

Thanks,

That did the trick :)

• marcelp1988

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!