Better solution for Docker folders

• I have seen the suggestion on the omv extras page to put the Docker folders on an NVMe Card. But if my boart only has an NVMe connection with 900M/s, is it a better alternative to use two SSDs in RAID 0 via SATA for these folders?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I have seen the suggestion on the omv extras page to put the Docker folders on an NVMe Card. But if my boart only has an NVMe connection with 900M/s, is it a better alternative to use two SSDs in RAID 0 via SATA for these folders?

The reason for making that suggestion on the wiki is simply to achieve faster performance in docker containers. But you can use whatever you want for docker folders, even a spinning data disk if you don't have anything else, containers will also work although slower. It all depends on your needs. Then any of your options will also work.

In reality, the access speed of both options will be very similar. An SSD offers approximately 500MB/s, so 2 SSDs in Raid 0 should be around 1000MB/s. And since your NVMe is limited to 900MB/s there won't be much difference. On the other hand, look at the energy consumption of both options, perhaps that will make you lean towards one option or the other.

• chente thank's for your answer

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!