Storage Upgrade from 4 x 500GB HDD to 4 x 2TB HDD - OpenMediaVault 6.9.15-2 (Shaitan), RAID 10, BTRFS

• Hello,

I am running OpenMediaVault Version 6.9.15-2 (Shaitan) with the following Storage setup:

• 1 x 240GB SSD where I have installed OpenMediaVault
    • 4 x 500GB HDD for Storage running in RAID 10 (RAID 1 + 0) for a total of 1TB of Storage

The File System is BTRFS

I am getting ready to upgrade my Storage with higher capacity HDD (Hard Drives) where I am planning to install 4 x 2TB HDDs for a total of 4TB as I will keep the RAID 10 (RAID 1+0) and also the File System will be BTRFS

What would be the easier way to install the 4 HDDs format them, merge them mounting a RAID 10, while maintaining my files, Shared Folders, Permissions, and basically everything I have already running on my server (WireGuard, a DuckDNS running inside Portainer to mention something)?

I could add screenshots if that might be helpful

Thanks in advance for reading and for the replies

• votdev

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You can copy all data to the new raid with rsync.

Once that is done you can edit all the shared folders one by changing their relative path from the old to the new raid. To do this, edit the shared folder and in the relative path field click the tree (icon on the right) to define the new location.

If you have symlinks configured, you must also modify them so that they point to the new raid.

If you use docker you must modify the absolute paths of the volumes so that they point to the new raid. The global environment variables file is very useful for that.

I think that would be all.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!