k3s - local storage

• Hello,

I have installed the k3s plugin. So far it works great.

The only trouble I have is understanding the use for the storage class created by omv. As far as my current understanding goes, it does nothing more than the default rancher sc (except it uses retain instead of delete for reclaim, is that the only difference?)

I was expecting the following :

Zitat
    PersistentVolumes (PV) will be auto-created for existing shared folders which will make it easy to consume them via PersistentVolumeClaims (PVC) in your deployments

but this does not work out-of-the-box for me.

For instance, I have a shared folder called "k8s-data", but there's not corresponding PV.

Code
    $ k get pv -A

No resources found

So for now I resorted to changing the default path for the node in the local-path-provisioner, inserting the following snippet in the manifest /var/lib/rancher/k3s/server/manifests/local-storage.yaml :

Code
         {  
           "node":"omv",  
           "paths":["/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-5c645337-b50b-4cc4-a7e6-8a8c3710d1cb/k8s/data/"]  
         }

Have I missed something?

Thanks.

Edit : Sorry I missed the "kubernetes" category in the forum. Could anyone move this thread at its correct place please?

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • s0rab

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!