[GUIDE] Sickbeard+SABnzbd+Couchpotato Guide [OLD]

• There is a known issue when it comes to scanning your collection, I do scripts for the Popcorn hour media players and this scanning issue happens there too. It will either scan all the way through or get stuck at some point and only a restart will get it going again. Its been reported an were just awaiting a fix.

All data is stored in /root/.couchpotato (the . means it is hidden)

You must have some thing in the wanted list for CP do search for, if nothing is there then CP will have nothing to do unless you enable 1 of the auto grabbing services (trakt, imbd, Blu-ray.com ect.)

If you think there is still something wrong, enable debugging, clear the logs, restart CP then force a search of wanted items and post log here. I will take a look at it (if I ever get notified again) and see if I can find anything amiss.

Miller

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Still having all sorts of problems with newznab. At first it was working great. Then all of a sudden the scripts stopped working, then I had a mysql problem (still having a mysql problem, but do not know if related yet)
    So now, after a re install of everything, newznab will not update releases, and give this error

Code
    PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 101 bytes) in /opt/newznab/www/lib/nzbinfo.php

So I look on line 60 and this is all that is there

Code
    $data = implode('', gzfile($loc));

Anyone?

• Code
    sudo sed -i "s#memory_limit = 256M#memory_limit = -1#g" /etc/php5/*/php.ini
    sudo sed -i "s#memory_limit = 256M#memory_limit = -1#g" /etc/php5/*/php.ini
    sudo sed -i "s#memory_limit = 256M#memory_limit = -1#g" /var/www/openmediavault/cgi/php.ini
    sudo sed -i "s#memory_limit = 256M#memory_limit = -1#g" /usr/share/php5/*

Run that in a shell and should fix php memory issues.

My paid newznab has been working well apart from when I lost power and had to reinstall everything but the script made that easier.

What problems do you get with MySQL, I have learned a lot about MySQL in the last few weeks so might be able to offer some suggestions (might lol)

• I can't get headphones to start up anymore, anyone seen this issue?

log file shows:

08-Feb-2013 21:14:19 - INFO :: MainThread : Starting Headphones on port: 8181
    08-Feb-2013 21:14:20 - INFO :: MainThread : Signal 15 caught, saving and exiting...
    08-Feb-2013 21:14:21 - INFO :: MainThread : Headphones is shutting down...

• Thanks a mil for responding!

OK, so is the issue with your script or with couchpotato (I'm not complaining, just trying to get an idea of where it's going wrong!) in the scanning?
    I've stopped and restarted it numerous times and still just sits now at 100% and won't go further.
    Would deleting the db help it's case? Would uninstalling CP completely and then reinstalling help?

Found the db files, thank you!!

Zitat

You must have some thing in the wanted list for CP do search for, if nothing is there then CP will have nothing to do unless you enable 1 of the auto grabbing services (trakt, imbd, Blu-ray.com ect.)

So the quality profile is inactive until I add stuff to wanted/auto grab - ok, that sort of makes sense!

Thanks again,

• Just an update, things seem to be working. I was even able to reboot and still have mysql work and the newznab scripts start. I still think there is a problem because I do not think I am getting all the updated releases. I am going to disable all groups and start adding one at a time to see how that works out.

• Zitat von "Relic"

Just an update, things seem to be working. I was even able to reboot and still have mysql work and the newznab scripts start. I still think there is a problem because I do not think I am getting all the updated releases. I am going to disable all groups and start adding one at a time to see how that works out.

That's the trouble with the free version, it's more a "check if will work on your setup" then anything else. The regex's are not the only improvement in the paid version, I have had loads of updates for my version and while it does not get everything, it does get what I need.

On the newznab forums there is a php script that does not use regex's to get the releases, you might be able to run that instead of the way you update now. I would think you would need to edit the file as your database structure will not be the same as the paid versions database.

• Well then that's a problem seeing I paid for the paid version. I'm pretty sure I have the code put in the right place on the newznab admin edit page. I will double check when I get home.

• I have problems updating Sickbeard.
    The software says "There is a newer version available (you're 4 commits behind)— Update Now" on the top of the page, but if I click on
    "Update now" it says

"Unable to find your git executable - either delete your .git folder and run from source OR set git_path in your config.ini to enable updates."

In config.ini the git path is set and correct. What do I have to do to update my Sickbeard?

[EDIT] I solved this and found the .git folder to be deleted. Everything now is file for the update process.
    I have one more question since I'm dealing with downloaded file permissions: is it necessary to run sickbeard as root?

Thanks

• Just use millers script to re install, it will grab the newest version and keep your settings.

• Zitat von "Relic"

Well then that's a problem seeing I paid for the paid version. I'm pretty sure I have the code put in the right place on the newznab admin edit page. I will double check when I get home.

Sorry, I thought you were using the free version.

If you can, go into the screen list (screen -ls) then go into the screen for newznab (screen -r xxx.newznab) if its waiting to update press crtl+a followed by k (on its own) this will kill the newznab screen and stop it from running. If it is still getting releases, wait for it to finish then do crtl+a followed by k (on its own)

Then manually run the update script but with "> /output.log" at the end, when done open up that log file and paste it up somewhere so I can see if it is doing what it should be.

I have just looked at the install script and I think I have left the free version updater the same as the paid version. Can you show me the commands in /etc/rc.local (nano /etc/rc.local) and also the file that is called from rc.local, it should be newznab_screen.sh, I use a custom headers script so can't be 100% sure of the paths and names.

How are you updating newznab? (please show any scripts/commands you use to update)

@All, Sabnzbd updated to 0.7.11

• Zitat von "Relic"

Just use millers script to re install, it will grab the newest version and keep your settings.

i had the same error and have done for the last three updates ive had to rerun the script.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• striscio & chclark, During the install it adds the path to the git into the config file and that alone should be enough for it to update but for some reason it does not work, I have now changed it so that it removes the .git folder as well. If you could re-install/update sickbeard now and see what happens the next time sickbeard gets an update.

• ok, so I am apparently still having problems with mysql. Seems every 3rd reboot it stops working and I have to un-install do this

Code
    uninstall plugin
    apt-get update 
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get -f install

then try plugin

That fixes it until I have to reboot.

Now back to newznab.

First the stupid time zone is screwed up again, I ran this

Code
    sudo sed -i "s#;date.timezone =#date.timezone = America/Los_Angeles#g" /etc/php5/*/php.ini

sudo sed -i "s#;date.timezone =#date.timezone = America/Los_Angeles#g" /var/www/openmediavault/cgi/php.ini

but it is still showing releases 8 hours behind.

Second.

This is what is in the rc.local file

This is the output.log

and for giggles I did a log for the release, and the is an error in that , I only pasted the very end...

As far as how I am updating newznab, if you mean the releases, I just let it do itself, or I will run it manually if I need to.
    If you mean the program, I have just re-run your script and re-install it.

in summary, newznab seems to be working with the exception of the tome zone problem, the mysql problem is only a problem if I have to reboot for what ever reason.

You had mentioned re-installing OMV easily because you had everything backed up, is there a easy way to do that? It took for ever to re-install and get everything configured again.

I do appreciate all you help and effort in everything you do here.

• Hi Relic,

This is the start of my output, notice I get "Using latest regex revision 2749" your output did not show that line.

I would delete the database using the MySQL plugin (and any privileges set for it) then run the update main program script (see below) then go through the install wizard (will need to remove the lock file from /opt/newznab/install folder) then reset sphink (see below)

Try setting sphinx back to defaults

Code
    php5 /opt/newznab/misc/sphinx/nnindexer.php generate
    php5 /opt/newznab/misc/sphinx/nnindexer.php daemon
    php5 /opt/newznab/misc/sphinx/nnindexer.php index full all
    php5 /opt/newznab/misc/sphinx/nnindexer.php index delta all
    php5 /opt/newznab/misc/sphinx/nnindexer.php daemon --stop
    php5 /opt/newznab/misc/sphinx/nnindexer.php daemon

This is my custom headers update script, I would suggest saving it along side the normal script but change the name to something like my_screen_newznab.sh, and change the link in /etc/rc.local so it calls this file and not the default file.

This is my main program update script, again save it along side the other files.

You will need to replace the username and password part with the svn username and password. The "sudo sed" bits are to change standard file (they get reset when you update) the first is for where to get the screen impage, this adds a 15 seconds dely to when the screen shot is taken, the second "sudo sed" is for update_parsing.php, it is disabled by default and this line enables is (it finds more releases)

I use the rss feed to see when there have been updates to the newznab svn, http://www.newznab.com/plussvnrss.xml 2757 is the latest version.

The time problem may be because the line have changed from having no entry to have something else

best thing would be to edit it your self

Code
    nano /var/www/openmediavault/cgi/php.ini

• Zitat von "jhmiller"

striscio & chclark, During the install it adds the path to the git into the config file and that alone should be enough for it to update but for some reason it does not work, I have now changed it so that it removes the .git folder as well. If you could re-install/update sickbeard now and see what happens the next time sickbeard gets an update.

Thanks. And what about the user that sickbeard runs under? Is it safe to run it as root (AFAIK no).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!