openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Yeah, I know it is good when I see what is going on with other people in their forum. I did some cool things to make it work.

I'm working on Tiny Tiny RSS reader. I think I got that setup pretty nice now too. Dealing with too much stupid ****. I should not have to rewrite so many basic things.

We do not just need Jessie. We need newer version of nginx. I know from reading some of the problems we are having are due to older version of nginx.

• I came upon this thread while looking for a solution to typical NFS shares. I was having so many issues getting NFS to work between OMV and OSMC(Kodi).

I checked out the Emby site, and decided to download this plugin.

I am blown away by how superior this is to Plex. It not only worked amazing with Kodi, but incorporated itself right into my Movie and TV directories.

Big thanks goes out to the Emby team and the created of this plugin.

This is really a game changer for me.

• Sorry for the late replies. Been away for a while and very poor signal where I was staying.

@tekkb any idea on whether we will be able to test betas of OMV 3? I'd love to get my hands on a Jessie build.

@kentish glad you're up and running, did you have the same problems as I did with the official repo? If so, I hope my purge instructions helped :)

@Scrimp I too am blown away by Emby. It's infinitely better than any other solution - and I've tried pretty much all of them, Plex and Kodi included.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@tekkb any idea on whether we will be able to test betas of OMV 3? I'd love to get my hands on a Jessie build.

As far as I know, OMV 3 dev work hasn't even started.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hey,

When I try to install Emby on Raspberry Pi 2 I get this:

How do I fix this?

• It is not working with Arm devices yet. It is close but waiting on a few things. When it does we let you know. For now it is just amd64 and i386.

How did you install OMV on your Pi ??? Did you use one of the images from Sourceforge??

You need this...

apt-get install ca-certificates

• Oh okay, I see. Do you have any idea when it will be ready?

Yes, I used the omv_2.0.15_rpi_rpi2.img.gz from Sourceforge.

When I run apt-get-install ca-certificates:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# apt-get install ca-certificates
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    ca-certificates is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Thank you for your fast answer by the way!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Until the github cert is trusted, the plugin should probably use the --no-check-certificate flag for wget.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• The main problem is the version of ffmpeg is installed by emby and the emby team does not have it for armhf architecture yet. If you see anything on them adding this architecture on their forum let me know. The plugin will work for the RPi 2 once emby will install ffmpeg for armhf, with exception of maybe this wget issue.

See here from emby plugin:

I already build webp and imagemagick for armhf. The above inserts it for armhf. So we just waiting on ffmpeg. I cannot do everything.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Volker probably has already started working OMV 3. He does not tell us much til he wants to test.

I don't think he has started yet...

• @tekkb

Hi!

When I restart Emby the streaming network connection my VDR (via VNSI) breaks - any idea why restarting Emby could have that effect? It is easily reproduceable a 100% -> VDR stream to Kodi via VNSI -> restart Emby via OMV GUI -> 5s later I get the message "VNSI connection lost" in Kodi.

I already set VDR via "renice" to -10 to no avail.
    This isn't a big issue but I am very sure this screwed up yesterdays TV session as all timeshift data is lost in this scenario (did not have this issue in the last 3 weeks before though) - and I have no idea why Emby "reseted" itself yesterday ?(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!