openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hallo

Ich hab eine externe USB Festplatte an mein OMV System angeschlossen. Sie formatiert und eingebunden. Nun will ich die externe Festplatte allerdings nicht dauernd eingeschaltet lassen sondern nur wenn ich ich Backup mache. Allerdings sind die Buttons imn der WebGui ausgegraut, weder Aushängen noch Löschen kann man anklicken. Kann mich mal jemand auf den richtigen Weg bringen wie ich das Problem lösen kann?
  • New

I want to build a custom NAS with OMV but I need a Wifi adapter because I can't use cables. Can I just intall any Wifi adapter that has Linux drivers?

I was thinking of buying either one of these Wifi adapters. Are there any recommendation in tems of compatibility with OMV?
    • TP-Link AC1300 Draadloze Dual Band PCI Express Adapter Archer T6E
    • Edimax AC600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band High Gain USB Adapter
    • Edimax AC600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band Directional High Gain USB Adapter
    • Asus USB-AC68 Wi-Fi adapter
    • Asus PCE-AC88
    • Asus PCE-AC56
    • Asus PCE-AC55BT

Thanks so much for your help ^^
  • New

Hi
    I am trying to install "program/plugin/docker" which will chelp me display all the family photos in one place (home network only , no external akcess). If i need to get to it from outside I can use VPN which I have already setup in my router.
    My knowlege of linux is verry limited. I have tested for a moment Lychee but i noticed that photos get multiplyed with diffrent sizes ....
    I run OMV on SSD (120GB) and use HDD for all data, I would like to keep SSD for system only but it looks like Lyche multiply photos and putting then on to the system.
    Any advice if this can be avoided (multiplying photos) or maybe something difrent instead off Lychee, so my wife and kids can akcess photos easily. Not just as explorer like. My wife can akcess the on the smart TV and get soft and crying :)

Regards
  • New

the problem started on when I was on OMV 3.x, it'll just restart. Thinking maybe upgrading to OMV 4.x would solve it, hope it was a software issue. Once upgraded, with no plugins or data, it seemed to stay running. Started installing docker plugins and the issue returned. Guessing it might be hardware (maybe power supply) but no idea how to figure what's the problem. Attached is an example of the one of the shutdowns. Any help would be appreciated...thanks in ad
  • New

Hallo zusammen,

wie oben schon geschrieben, wird mein 3TB nur mit 987GB erkannt.

Wenn ich einen USB3.0 Adapter nehme, wird die Platte am WIN 10 Rechner richtig erkannt. Mit einen USB2.0 nicht.
    Leider funktioniert der AdapterUSB3.0 nicht am PI. Bei dem USB2.0 wird auch hier die Platte mit 987TB erkannt.

Kann mir jemand da helfen.

PS Ich habe zwei verschiedene USB2.0 Adapter genommen, genau das gleiche.

hd458

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Wifi adapters support

kledder

Turn on back my OMV 0.5.60... need advices to migrate to new server/release?

chrbar

Pool is DEGRADED

flmaxey

Server shutting down randomly ... software or hardware issue?

KM0201

Synology DiskStation DS1515+

Connor

Recent Activities