Cannot mount existing ext4 partition

• GRML...
    I deleted the hdd and created a new partition on it on the webgui. That works.
    But when i try to mount it in the gui it throws out the same error as in the beginning...

Do i really have to take it to an x86 platform? Which live linux do you recommend to do that? GRML?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know really is just a quick suggestion from something I saw in some Google search. No idea if that will solve your problem but you can try.
    What is GRML?
    The only time I saw problems like this was with a guy who used omv in a WD My book, the custom kernel had features disabled like acl, so a fix was to disable it in mount options.

• GRML is a lightweight live linux...
    I tried now using XFS. It works!
    I can format it and mount it in OMV. But i read a lot about instabilities of XFS on ARM-Platforms, so i don't want to use XFS on my cubietruck...
    So i booted a live ubuntu on my home pc and partitioned the hdd with gparted on ext4.
    But omv doesn't want to mount that too. I'm really annoyed about this ;(
    I think i have to choose a non-NAS Version of my Cubie.
    If you don't have any ideas for fixing this then i will look for an alternative.

• I had a look on what omv wrote in the fstab file:

Code
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    UUID=bf3eb10e-4ada-4e68-a184-d5f225809e10 /media/bf3eb10e-4ada-4e68-a184-d5f225809e10 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

when do a mount -a on console i get the same error as in omv. So it seems to be a problem with some of these options. So i investigated further and found out that the options "usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group" are responsible for the mount not to work. In the manpage it says "These options are accepted but ignored." so i think they are useless. Why is omv using them? Can i tell omv not to use these options? Are they needed for omv to work?

• Here's a line from my fstab. Looks identical to yours except for the UUID

UUID=a6e6252d-5a8f-4e9b-88b3-46bef35b01a0 /media/a6e6252d-5a8f-4e9b-88b3-46bef35b01a0 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

are responsible for the mount not to work

Told you before, start removing certain options until you find the one causing the problem. I suggested acl or xatrr first, but you did not persist further

it says "These options are accepted but ignored." so i think they are useless

They are used by the quota management tool. Of course if you don't use quotas that's fine.

Now back to the permanent solution, now that we know which options work add this line

OMV_FSTAB_MNTOPS_EXT4="defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,jqfmt=vfsv0"

at the end of this file /etc/default/openmediavault  the restart engined service openmediavault-engined restart

And proceed to mount in the webui

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!