Can't view SAMBA shares on 3.0.58

• Thanks heaps for your responses guys.

This is the output from systemctl status smbd.service -l, so it appears it is running.

root@sulaco:/# systemctl status smbd.service -l
    ● smbd.service - LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd)
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/smbd)
    Active: active (exited) since Tue 2017-04-04 20:14:40 AEST; 15h ago

Apr 04 20:14:40 sulaco smbd[7516]: Starting SMB/CIFS daemon: smbd.
    Apr 04 20:14:40 sulaco systemd[1]: Started LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is what my working one looks like. Notice it says Active: active (running) since. Yours says exited and ps aux showed only the grep process. So I think it is not running. I could be wrong about that tho.

What does systemctl restart smbd.service show? Also you need to look in the logs for smb errors.

• I'm getting an error message when accessing logs:

Error #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export SYSTEMD_COLORS=0; journalctl --quiet --no-pager --priority='notice' SYSLOG_FACILITY=23 SYSLOG_IDENTIFIER='smbd_audit' --output=short 1>/tmp/logfilepbdkPt 2>&1' with exit code '1': ' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/logfile.inc(73): OMV\System\Process->execute() #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceLogFile->getList(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array) #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('LogFile', 'getList', Array, Array, 1) #5 {main}

I think at this point I try a clean install of OMV again and see how I go. I've really appreciated all the assistance I have got, it's pretty impressive really.

• Offizieller Beitrag

no solution at all?

To what? You haven't posted your problem, have you? Not being able to view samba shares is a permissions/setup issue most of the time.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thread opener -seem- solved thru reinstall everything
    i've made a fresh install and the problem remains***

ii've got a series of problem with smb

- mine it's a clean install 3.0.74
    - i've created partition -> shared foldes -> give permission to users (mine... it's the only one for now), no ACL touched -> move to smb/cifs tab -> put in list the shared folders

- in osx finder the server it's show up, but says it can't connect because "This file server does not allow additional users login. Try to reconnect later."**
    - in Windows10 server not shown, tried to connect with \\ip.machine but says "Error code: 0X80070035 The network path was not found"

- i remembered a missing firmware error
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-4-amd64
    W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168f-2.fw for module r8169
    so i tried to update with jessie-backports repo... the result was disappear of afp/smb servers on Osx, same errors with direct ip connection
    rollback to old firmware

-tried
    xyz@xyz$ systemctl status smbd.service nmbd.service● smbd.service - LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd)Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/smbd)Active: active (exited) since ven 2017-05-12 01:56:10 CEST; 5min agoProcess: 1022 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/smbd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

mag 12 01:56:10 N6 smbd[1022]: Starting SMB/CIFS daemon: smbd.mag 12 01:56:10 N6 systemd[1]: Started LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd).

● nmbd.service - LSB: start Samba NetBIOS nameserver (nmbd)Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/nmbd)Active: active (exited) since ven 2017-05-12 01:56:10 CEST; 5min agoProcess: 882 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/nmbd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

mag 12 01:56:10 N6 nmbd[882]: Starting NetBIOS name server: nmbd.mag 12 01:56:10 N6 systemd[1]: Started LSB: start Samba NetBIOS nameserver ...).Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

systemctl status smbd.service restart● smbd.service - LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd)Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/smbd)Active: active (exited) since ven 2017-05-12 01:56:10 CEST; 7min agoProcess: 1022 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/smbd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

mag 12 01:56:10 N6 smbd[1022]: Starting SMB/CIFS daemon: smbd.mag 12 01:56:10 N6 systemd[1]: Started LSB: start Samba SMB/CIFS daemon (smbd).

● restart.serviceLoaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)Active: inactive (dead)Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

so...

Zitat

Not being able to view samba shares is a permissions/setup issue most of the time.

permissions of what? shares permission, files/folder which contains settings permission?
    PS: if i try some changes some settings (like guest permitted->yes) on Smb/CIF tab make errors which affects even netatalk plugin and auto discovery in osx and every server (afp/smb) disappear is it possible?

**EDIT
    ***ok tomorrow i will try new ways with other fresh disks...maybe it recreate a new smb.conf to work with...
    stay tuned

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you install Debian first or use the OMV ISO? You shouldn't have to do anything with backports. Not sure why your smbd service isn't running either.

I would use the resetperms plugin to fix permissions. Each time you reinstall, your user may have a different ID and existing files have the old id preventing access.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• clean install OMV iso
    added debian jessie backport, only to try upgrade ethernet firmware module .... NIC works with default firmw module, only give error output at init update

because of this error i thought there was smb error... but not

now i'm rollback and commented jessie backport repo

never tried resetperm plugin i thought it was only to correct errors of permission in network file transfert :D (i problem which i have in old Iomega NAS at work) i will try :thumbup:

• ok

edited post up with real errors messages for

• osx finder
    • systemctl status smbd.service nmbd.service
    • systemctl status smbd.service restart

now
    fresh install on fresh disks....same errors

everything updated, resetperm plugin installed, reset permission to shared folder
    (it's that? the plugin i mean, make appear a new tab "reset permission" in Access permissions management -> Shared folder -> Reset permission, right?)

ok still same issues....

• So Im having the same issue. No way to see my shares over neither SMB nor FTP. Have tried resetting ownership to root:users on all files and chmod 2775. The .folder is root:root 0775
    Clean install of 3.0.74 yesterday. Imported zfs pool. Had to import with zpool import -d /dev/disk/by-id. (Pool created in freenas)
    In the GUI when looking at the shares the files are visible. Also over ssh ofc.

Oh. The shares over smb and ftp works. They just show up as empty. So it should be some sort of ownership problem i guess.

Edit: This was as usual PEBKAC. Mountpoint was wrong.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von sparx () aus folgendem Grund: wrong install version written fixed it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!