fail2ban does not work in time

• I have a crazy problem with fail2ban.
    I have two jails. nginx-404 and a self maked for emby.
    for emby:
    I have test it over the web and i can test more then 3 (it is my option) and i have no ban effect. some minutes later i can see in the protokols the fould login an the baned IP. Does the flashmemory plugin make the problem?
    for nginx-404:
    i test it over the web, too. But no effect. no ban no foulds. I dont no wy. I use the default plugin jail. and when i test it with

Code
    fail2ban-regex .....

and it works. I dont know what is wrong?!?! ?(

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• wrong filter... :S

used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• the options for the findtime was to hight
    and the nginx-404 was not the right jail and filter for my seach. I have found the solution here: https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…diavault-fail2ban/pull/16 an make a jail and a filter for the omv-webgui.

• do you have install emby direcly from the emby-debian repro?

• Yes.

Do you have the same emby.conf like mine?

Code
    ii  fail2ban                                                         0.8.13-1                          all          ban hosts that cause multiple authentication errors
    ii  openmediavault-fail2ban                                          1.3.1                             all

log path: /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-*.txt

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• i had the same problem, but i delete many things from the filter and i think it looks like thees:

But to know for sure I have to check this evening

• the same version,... i will look my options this evening

• okay @tinh_x7 here are my settings:

emby installed from the emby-debian-repro.

my /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/emby.conf

an my jail:

Name: emby
    Port: 8920,8096
    Max Rety: (for example) 3
    Ban Time: (for example) 36000
    Filter. emby
    logpath: /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-*.txt

And now it is very important: look at your fail2ban Options: Findtime: 0

• So your Emby's filter is currently working for you?

yes

post your output from

Code
    fail2ban-client status emby

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von happyreacer ()

• Why you set findtime = 0?
    I'm setting findtime & bantime = 900.

fail2ban-client status emby

Code
    Status for the jail: emby
    |- filter
    |  |- File list:        /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621141359.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621141259.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621141097.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621209438.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621198404.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621482518.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621138144.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621396091.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621146447.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621482331.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621141252.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621284597.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621141194.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621141153.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621141512.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621141386.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621141001.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621482563.txt /var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-63621229024.txt
    |  |- Currently failed: 0
    |  `- Total failed:     0
    `- action
       |- Currently banned: 0
       |  `- IP list:
       `- Total banned:     0

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• your fail2ban-client status emby looks okay.
    findtime:0 i see in time my testing resultat. i test wrong login and can see it in fail2ban-client status emby

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!