DLNA-Service and SMB/CFIS-Service with same shared folder at same time, parallel

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DLNA-Service and SMB/CFIS-Service with same shared folder at same time, parallel

Hello guys,

Here is my problem / challenge:

• I need to stream my videos to my Smart-TV. (DLNA-Service)
      • For organizing and adding new videos I need to have access to the video folder on my external HDDconnected to my Raspberry PI3 and running OMV4. (SMB/CIFS-Service)

My USB-HDD is formatted with NTFS. Just plugged to my Raspberry, well recognized and mounted.

I have installed minidlna and setup the folder sharing, activated DLNA-service.

So far,I can stream my videos to the TV from the shared folder.

Trying to setup SMB/CIFS service and adding the same shared folder I am using with the DLNA-service I always get the following error message:

[i][/i]
      [i]The configuration object 'conf.system.sharedfolder' is not unique. An object with the property 'name' and value 'Best-Of' already exists.
      Error #0: OMV\AssertException: The configuration object 'conf.system.sharedfolder' is not unique. An object with the property 'name' and value 'Best-Of' already exists. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:495 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(279): OMV\Config\Database->assertIsUnique(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject), 'name') #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->set(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array) #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1) #5 {main}
      [/i]

Ok – now after deleting the shared folder from DLNA-service I was able to setup and share this folder in SMB/CIFS service. I have access from windows-PC to the shared folder.

Unfortunately, now I have no more access with my TV, caused by the missing DLNA service (that´s plausible).

For me, it seems, it isn´t possible to share a specific folder with two or more services at the same time. In my case DLNA and SMB

Hope someone could help.
    • mpant1 wrote:

For me, it seems, it isn´t possible to share a specific folder with two or more services at the same time. In my case DLNA and SMB
      You're wrong, this is a core concept of OMV. I don't know the DLNA plugin, but maybe there is a problem. I can use a shared folder in SMB, FTP, RSync and ClamAV at the same time.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • USB-NTFS Disk is not the good choice to share files on OMV, please consider to use at least Ext4 as FS and better if can be SATA.

I suspect that your problems came from NTFS
      OMV 4.1.11 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ; weTTY
      Videos: @TechnoDadLife
    • Definitely DLNA (minidlna add on) and SMB or other services did not work parallel, even with an EXT4 file system. What a shame , because minidlna is really fast, much faster than Plex Media Server.

On the other hand, Plex Media Server (add on) works fine and parallel with otherOMV services, like SMB, even with a NTFS file system.
    • sorry but this is not true.

I share my Video folder by minidlna and by smb and no problem at all

as votdev say is a core concept.

I do not know why do not work on your install, but work for the rest of users.
      OMV 4.1.11 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ; weTTY
      Videos: @TechnoDadLife
    • I am still wondering. I tried a new clean OMV-install on my Raspberry PI3, tried with a second clean harddisk (ntfs formatted, even ext4), no success.
      Each of the mentioned services works fine, but not together, except I choose different folders for each service, in this case there is no problem until I try to release a folder is already in use in one of the other service. At the moment I am in despair.