HDD not mounting after reboot - any hint

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• HDD not mounting after reboot - any hint

Hi,
      I am working on my first OMV-box over some weeks now. Up to today everything worked quite well and I am impressed from OMV. But today I rebooted my box and after this my Data-HDD /dev/sdb1 is not mounting any more.

I get this message:

Before this happened I deleted the "noexec" flag to get transcoding for plex. I followed this instruction for it:

Anybody has a hint what to do to fix the problem? There is already 1,7TB on the disc - I could recreate this, but this takes looong :(

Would be great to get a solution. I read some threads already - but could not find something what is helping.

Thanks. Best.
      Fabian
      MoBo: Fujitsu D3417-B
      CPU: Intel Celeron G3900
      RAM: Samsung DDR4 - 8 GB ECC
      Case: Fractal Design Node 80
      HDD: SSD 64GB (System), 2*3TB (Data)
      OMV 4
    • Hey @macom - you are my hero!!!
      I just wanted to post my config.xml...and noticed that I made a mistake. So your post pointed me to the right spot. Thanks so much!!!

Now I will figure out how to fix the noexec thing permanently. But this is another thing.

Thanks again.

Best.
      Fabian
      MoBo: Fujitsu D3417-B
      CPU: Intel Celeron G3900
      RAM: Samsung DDR4 - 8 GB ECC
      Case: Fractal Design Node 80
      HDD: SSD 64GB (System), 2*3TB (Data)
      OMV 4
    • If you backup your boot drive from time to time, you can back out of a future issues similar to this one, without the need to search for the problem.

"noexec" can be removed from data drive entries in /etc/fstab.

Video Guides :!: New User Guide :!: Docker Guides :!: Pi-hole in Docker
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing.
    • FFrank wrote:

Now I will figure out how to fix the noexec thing permanently. But this is another thing.
      Once you edited config.xml correctly this should be done.

After you changed config.xml run omv-mkconf fstab and check if everything is fine in fstab.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!: