OMV4 and XU4&Cloudshell2 - need some help please

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OMV4 and XU4&Cloudshell2 - need some help please

New

Hi all , so trying to install OMV on a XU4 and Cloudshell2 and need some help with the configuration. I am not a master of Linux and still learning so if I say something stupid or don't understand an indication please be patient I am trying the best I can.

First I know about the ''problems'' Cloudshell2 have regarding USB-Sata/hub / adapter but for now I didn't have of this problems , will see in time......

For now my problems/questions are , first about resizing eMMC so I can use the entire space available , found how to do it , but ( looking at the attached picture) not sure which partition should I delete.
      The mmcblk0p3 is the one which definetly not showing so that is the unused sapce from what I understand , mmcblk0p2 look like is the actual OS partition and the mmcblk0p1 is the one which I have no idea what is it for or what is stored in it ( 23MB used form 57.97MB). Now in most of the guides I found it says to delete mmcblk0p2 and 0p3 and then create a new partition but on 0p2 is the OS and don't know if this is a good idea. On my case should I delete mmcblk0p1 and mmcblk0p3 and leave mmcblk0p2 as it is sounds more logic.........or should be a better idea to just create/mount the 3rd partition for swap use? I can see on PuttY that the system allready has 998MB for swap but not sure from where( maybe from DDRAM?)

Second problem is that I can't get Docker instaled , I am keep getting errors......

The third problem is that I can't get the LCD working on Cloudshell2 or at least can;t find a good tutorial on how to add it. Not very important because I don't know if I will stay with this setup based on the USB-SATA problems but at least I want to test everything before I give up..
      Images
      • partition.jpg

749.34 kB, 3,800×1,920, viewed 16 times
      • docker.jpg

429.66 kB, 3,768×1,736, viewed 18 times
      For now ( first setup)
      Gygabite G1 Sniper mobo
      Intel I7 960 quad core
      Asus AMD R5 230 video card
      10Gtek® Intel 82576 Chip Gigabit Ethernet Converged Network Adapter (NIC), Dual RJ45 Copper Ports, PCI Express 2.0 X 1
      12GB DDR3 @1600
      32GB SSD for OMV system
      2 x 3TB 3.5" HDD
      1 X 1TB 2.5" HDD
      Corsair case and Zetec 650W PSU

Runing latest versio ( stable )
    • New

razvanrudy wrote:

Second problem is that I can't get Docker instaled , I am keep getting errors......
      You do not mention the errors you get. Probably the solution is here
      Failed Docker installation on a fresh OMV 4
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • New

I've attached the errors log on the second picture( docker.jpg)....Can't find any option to copy/export the logs I get when installing and at which point is crashing but I will try again maybe I can get at least the last lines ...

I will check the link......thanks for it

L.E. How can I copy/export the instalations log , I've seen some forum user uploading this logs.....

L.L.E
      Nothing on that post help me to get docker running. No matter what I am trying I can't make it work......out of idea's
      For now ( first setup)
      Gygabite G1 Sniper mobo
      Intel I7 960 quad core
      Asus AMD R5 230 video card
      10Gtek® Intel 82576 Chip Gigabit Ethernet Converged Network Adapter (NIC), Dual RJ45 Copper Ports, PCI Express 2.0 X 1
      12GB DDR3 @1600
      32GB SSD for OMV system
      2 x 3TB 3.5" HDD
      1 X 1TB 2.5" HDD
      Corsair case and Zetec 650W PSU

Runing latest versio ( stable )

The post was edited 1 time, last by razvanrudy ().