U-NAS NSC-800 Build

• Hi all,

After months of planning and research I've finally begun my NAS build. The goal is to have a NAS with a lot of capacity as well as the ability to run Plex Server and do some transcoding. My initial parts list looked like this:

IBM M1015 ServeRaid LSI SAS9220-8i PCI-Express PCIe 8-port 6Gb/s SAS+SATA Controller
    Intel Core i3-4150 LGA 1150 - BX80646I34150
    ADATA USA XPG V2 Series 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3 12800 (4GBx2) Kit AX3U1600W4G9-DMV
    Noctua Low-Profile Quiet CPU Cooler for Intel 115x Based Retail Cooling NH-L9I
    Crucial M500 120GB SATA 2.5-Inch 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive CT120M500SSD1
    ASUS Mini ITX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards H97I-PLUS
    4x WD Red 3 TB NAS Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, SATA III, 64 MB Cache - WD30EFRX
    Silverstone Tek 450-Watts SFX Form Factor Full Modular Power Supply with 80 Plus Gold, SFX+12V single rail, ST45SF-G
    U-NAS NSC-800

At this point I'm still waiting for the RAID card to reach and my made an error with the choice of the power supply as it won't fit. Some points to note is that this case is a very tight fit and great care must be taken in the parts selection. I'm trying to order a 1U power supply now to continue with the build. Pics and updates to follow.

• Seems like the Number of NSC-800 Builds is rising. ;)

Looking forward to see yours.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will the SFX power supply fit in that case?.. I didn't choose the 400, because it took a 1U power supply (which I assume the 800 does as well). I've got that power supply however in a Node 304.. and it's fantastic... you'll really like it. Just didn't think it would fit that case as the dimensions seem pretty different.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "JohnBwoi"

Hi KM0201,

The SFX doesn't fit and so I've ordered a 1u power supply which I hope will arrive in a week or so.

Well that sucks. Wish I had saw your post before you ordered.. :)

You could have kept the PSU and went w/ the Silverstone DS380 vs the U-Nas 800. The DS380 was still pretty pricey($200 US) when I decided on the Node.. I'd have liked a hot swap space, but it's not a huge deal.

Good luck w/ the build!

• So I finally got the power supply and now I'm proceeding with the build and yet another roadblock. The installation reports that it cannot detect my NIC which is an intel i218. Any suggestions on how to resolve.

• Try out the Debian Wheezy iso. If it detects the network adapter you can install the upcoming version of OpenMediaVault (Kralizec) afterwards.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Thanks guys, I'm making some headway. My nic was detected and works with the new debian but does that path in the original thread still work for installing OMV 0.6? I'm getting errors about files can't be found.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "JohnBwoi"

Thanks guys, I'm making some headway. My nic was detected and works with the new debian but does that path in the original thread still work for installing OMV 0.6? I'm getting errors about files can't be found.

What do you mean?

• Zitat von "JohnBwoi"

Thanks guys, I'm making some headway. My nic was detected and works with the new debian but does that path in the original thread still work for installing OMV 0.6? I'm getting errors about files can't be found.

Please allways poste the exact error here. And yes, the way is still correct, and will never be incorrect.

Greetings
    David

• Sorry Davidh2k. When I issue the command apt-get update I get several lines of response but 2 standout:

Err http://packages.openmediavault.org krazilec/main amd64 Packages
    404 Not found

and the last line is
    W: Failed to fetch http://packages.openmediavault…ain/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found

and then when i run apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix

Reading package lists... DOne
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package openmediavault-keyring

I can ping the name packages.openmediavault.org from the machine though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Kralizec, not Krazilec.

Greetings
    David

• To install OpenMediaVault? *confused*

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!